$50 NLHE Turbo: $$50 NLHE Turbo: AK reraised

GDRileyx

GDRileyx

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
$50 NL HE Turbo: $$50 NL HE Turbo: AK reraised

First time around the table, fifth hand, 11 players at the table to start, 66 players total. I know approximately half the players at the table from previous tournament play. Blinds are still 25/50.

On the BB, I get AK offsuit. 3 limpers to me, only one of whom is a known player I raise to 200.

Having called initially, the player UTG reraises to 600. He is the one I know well. Only 2 weeks ago, I sat across from him for almost three hours in a tournament at the same stakes, and have played with him previously. He is super-tight. I have never seen him raise preflop with less than JJ, unless he is low on chips. When he is low on chips, I have seen him go all-in with KJ suited and AQ offsuit.

The other limpers fold, and it's back to me. What do you think should have been my action?

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Stack sizes would help a lot here.

Given the read, you need to fold as the limp/raise is very often AA/KK. The only way you could continue is if you have a read that says the opponent views you as a limp punisher and thinks you are on a steal.

Also your preflop raise is too small for the pot size, the 1st limper will have almost 3-1 odds to call and if that one does the rest have better than 3-1. Make the raise 350-400 next time.

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What Jilly said.. raise bigger prf,your giving sick odds to the limpers.
But with a out stacksizes ect there is no way to give u a proper analysis.

Cant u request the HH? or is this a live tourney?

GDRileyx

GDRileyx

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
It was a live tourney. We started with 3000 stacks. It was still early and everybody still had basically their starting stacks.

J

Jamieace

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Only way you raise is if he is indeed short on chips. Otherwise you cant really argue with your initial read.

GDRileyx

GDRileyx

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I called him, and we wound up checking down from there. No face cards came on the board, and no scare cards. He had QQ.