$50 NLHE STT Turbo: I don't see myself calling big stack 2bb open with 15 blinds left.

L

limakpl

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$50 NLHE STT Turbo: I don't see myself calling big stack 2bb open with 15 blinds left.

sorry $0.50 not $50 buy in 180 sit&go
Question is simple should I call and "maybe see the flop" or go all in as I did.

Level VII (125/250) - 2015/03/24 22:18:53 UTC [2015/03/24 18:18:53 ET]
Table '1179589215 14' 9-max Seat #5 is the button
Seat 2: To4Ho_He_Pro (3410 in chips)
Seat 4: drgonzoIO8 (9191 in chips)
Seat 5: limakpl (3679 in chips)
Seat 6: Misiorroo (1472 in chips)
Seat 7: Top3onlY (5231 in chips)
Seat 8: Thelittle200 (5148 in chips)
Seat 9: popo19922 (8946 in chips)

Everyone folds to
cut-off -dragonzoIO8 who open 2bb (He was a player who liked to use his stack, to open pretty often with ok range of hands and hope to steal the blinds. He would play all aces,suited kings, high suited connectors, all broadway cards and all pocket pairs probably in the same way)
Using pokerstove i figured out that he would play about 37% of hands and I had 52% equity with :kh4: :jh4: against his range
Pot 1050
button - Hero with :kh4: :jh4: push all in for 3654 about 15 bb.

Here I decided to shove because I wouldn't like SB who was short stacked to go all in and than leave me playing with only 9bb in a big pot against CO, and also BB was getting good odds to call with anything and outdraw us. Also I believe CO would fold many of his hands which would make my shove profitable. ( Is this kind of good strategic thinking ???)
pot 4704
Sb folds
Bb folds
CO calls 3154 with :as4: :6s4:

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
with reads push is good, especially since he can still fold sometimes to our shove and the fact that it's just a CO raise.

C

chuckdiesel1

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes its ok to push all in on a bully. However if he calls marginal hands you are in the situation you find yourself here.

atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think I'd flat in position with this hand and see what happens post flop...

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The push is fine. Or folding is fine. I wouldn't flat, stack set-ups of the 4 active players are too awkward and the main thing that makes this play profitable is your fold equity. Not to mention, if you flat you're just begging one of the blinds to squeeze; then whether the CO shoves, flats or folds you'll still have a tough decision.

If villain was the BTN and you were the SB I would say the push is almost mandatory unless he's a nit.

A

Ambur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer flating or 3b/x preflop given dynamic's imo.

I really do not like idea of stacking off here, but i do not judge ppl who willing to take that kind of line! - SB is just bonus if he comes along, even better if he decide to go AI :) I am anyway fully agressive player and i love mix things up!

lilu80

lilu80

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
Push is OK. I am here with 22+, A2s+, A5o+, K9s+ KJo+, Q9s+, QJo, J9s+, T9s and yours KJs is very good to push.

VGShaa

VGShaa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Your push here was appropriate. And yes, your fold would also be a good move. With a small stack to play aggressive, otherwise the blinds will destroy your stack. I would have done the same))

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
two things..

ambur- you are overestimating the value of having 15bbs in these games, we need to take many flips in 180 mans, so having big stacks allows us to survive more flips. So getting stacks early will allow us to not only pick on smaller stack players, but the first thing it does is allow us to survive more. So when you think about it, flatting makes no sense if we are going to miss flops completely 2/3 of the time in this spot, and the other 1/3 when we hit in some way, we're going to be folding some of them and getting it in bad in some of them also. So if you want to be successful in these games, you have to put your stack into context, realize it's a turbo and game level rises quickly, and realize our 3.5k stack means basically nothing here since we need at least 15-25k to make the final table.

Also

limek-

when you calculate how KJs does vs his range, you need to model it on his raise/calling range. So if he opens 37% he wont call that wide, so you need to model the KJs vs maybe 20% or whatever you believe he will call with. Then you can also factor in how much folding equity you also have to get a whole picture of how good/bad this shove is.

B

bremensha

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
KJs is a drawing hand and I would prefer a lot of callers.
So I would flat call here and call a reraise too.
A min raise with the intention going all in on the turn woild be my 2nd choice.