$.50 NLHE: Of course .......

Ihavelotsaouts

Ihavelotsaouts

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$.50 NL HE: Of course .......

All right lets hear how I have 15 BB left and I should fold and now that he has shoved I don't have fold equity.

Is this a good play by both?

pokerstars No-Limit Hold'em, 0.5 Tournament, 500/1000 Blinds 100 Ante (8 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com
MP1 (t65490)
MP2 (t9723)
CO (t15270)
Button (t89964)
Hero (SB) (t18060)
BB (t18477)
UTG (t8067)
UTG+1 (t51257)
Hero's M: 7.85
Preflop: Hero is SB with 9c, Ah
6 folds, Hero bets t3000, BB raises to t18377 (All-In), Hero calls t14960 (All-In)

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Open shove preflop, your M is less than 10. As played, call the shove, because we're getting 1.5:1, and his shoving range will likely give you about that much equity. This is why we just open shove preflop: because if he shoves over us, we have to call if we have anything resembling a decent hand. Thus, since any raise commits us to going all in, lets just shove and give ourselves the most fold equity possible.

Also, if you were planning to raise preflop that was less than a shove, then you should've raised to like 2300.

trashcan

trashcan

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I cannot decide which one is more profitable, open shoving or raise calling. I will most likely just open shove in order to cut the variance

G

gns2003

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't like the call there, but the open shove would have been interesting. Get the most fold equity there, and if he calls then cest la vie, hope you win. I prefer not to be all in calling with a hand like A-9. I will find a better hand than that and remember to shove in next time.

Ihavelotsaouts

Ihavelotsaouts

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, I was pleased when the cards got shown:

BB: 9h Kc

Flop: 2h, Jc, Ks
Turn: Qd
River: 6s

Results:
Hero had 9c, Ah (high card, Ace).
BB had 9h, Kc (one pair, Kings).
Outcome: BB won t36720

I get tired of hearing "well, you got your chips in good, that's poker"

Sysvr4

Sysvr4

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Was there any previous blind battles with this guy to provide some context? I'm not sure I love a call with A9o there without something else to go on. You're not pot committed by any stretch, and you're not getting particularly good odds on the call. This is quite marginal, IMO.

If I'm constantly having run-ins with the BB, or I've been holding over him or vice versa, I'm more likely to take a stand with a hand like this, but for me, it's all about context.

Ihavelotsaouts

Ihavelotsaouts

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Could somebody explain to me what a re-steal is, I thought that is what I was trying to do, this palyer had been raising my blinds for 4 rounds now and I had to make a stand and tried re-stealing, unfortunately he made a call with a very marginal hand and out drew me. Should I be trying re-steals at this level or will ABC poker be a better play.

M

mrjohnson911

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i'd either open shove this or raise less in intention of stealing but really folding to a raise.. lets say you raise it up to 2500.. you could easily fold to a reraise because you are likely dominated...