$5 NLHE STT: A6o On BB What is the best play?

P

PokerFan27

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$30/$60 No Limit Holdem
8887 Players
Hand Conversion Powered by WeakTight Poker Hand History Converter
Stacks:
UTG POCKYPOKER ($2,283) 38bb
UTG+1 frmr89 ($1,582) 26bb
MP johnny0180 ($1,055) 18bb
CO JonasGomes ($2,231) 37bb
BTN gri_spb ($1,345) 22bb
SB luxuriant1 ($3,239) 54bb
BB Hero ($1,765) 29bb
Pre-Flop: (90, 7 players) Hero is BB :ac4: :6s4:

5 folds, luxuriant1 raises to $120, Hero calls $60

Flop: :6d4: :7h4: :2h4: ($275, 2 players)
luxuriant1 bets $104, Hero raises to $277, luxuriant1 raises to $3,114, Hero folds
Final Pot: $3,666
luxuriant1 wins $3,666 (net +$432)
Hero lost $397

In this spot maybe the best option is make a minirase preflop, because postflop we have position ... But what do you think?

horizon12

horizon12

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Without stats on villain, i am only fold Ax with bad kicker, there is no sense to play in this pot when no antes because if you get top pair you can lose vs best kicker. It is better to avoid such marginal situations and no need defense big blind when no antes in the pot, also you have bad pot odds for call preflop.

Last edited:
W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
there is plenty of reason to play this pot, he's minraise OOP and we are in position. Our hand doesn't matter too much here, we just need to have either high card playability or connectivity in some way to make a call here.

This is like the worst ace you can get however, so i don't think folding is bad or anything, but i think i would likely just 3bet this one and then try to take it either preflop or on the flop with a c-bet and then give up if we get resistance. The best thing about making plays like this in an earlier stage of game is that it might send a clear message to the SB that your blind isn't for sale, making it more likely that he will give us easier decisions (by folding more) later on in the game where it matters more.

So really, there isn't many bad options you can choose here, personally, i would 3bet bluff here, i think folding is the next best option and i think calling is the worst option here, mainly because this is the worst unconnected ace we can get.

P

PokerFan27

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
there is plenty of reason to play this pot, he's minraise OOP and we are in position. Our hand doesn't matter too much here, we just need to have either high card playability or connectivity in some way to make a call here.

This is like the worst ace you can get however, so i don't think folding is bad or anything, but i think i would likely just 3bet this one and then try to take it either preflop or on the flop with a c-bet and then give up if we get resistance. The best thing about making plays like this in an earlier stage of game is that it might send a clear message to the SB that your blind isn't for sale, making it more likely that he will give us easier decisions (by folding more) later on in the game where it matters more.

So really, there isn't many bad options you can choose here, personally, i would 3bet bluff here, i think folding is the next best option and i think calling is the worst option here, mainly because this is the worst unconnected ace we can get.

Very good analysis, definitely post hands in this forum, sure to improve my game

Regards!

AtiFCOD

AtiFCOD

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
$30/$60 No Limit Holdem
8887 Players
Hand Conversion Powered by WeakTight Poker Hand History Converter
Stacks:
UTG POCKYPOKER ($2,283) 38bb
UTG+1 frmr89 ($1,582) 26bb
MP johnny0180 ($1,055) 18bb
CO JonasGomes ($2,231) 37bb
BTN gri_spb ($1,345) 22bb
SB luxuriant1 ($3,239) 54bb
BB Hero ($1,765) 29bb
Pre-Flop: (90, 7 players) Hero is BB :ac4: :6s4:

5 folds, luxuriant1 raises to $120, Hero calls $60

Flop: :6d4: :7h4: :2h4: ($275, 2 players)
luxuriant1 bets $104, Hero raises to $277, luxuriant1 raises to $3,114, Hero folds
Final Pot: $3,666
luxuriant1 wins $3,666 (net +$432)
Hero lost $397

In this spot maybe the best option is make a minirase preflop, because postflop we have position ... But what do you think?

Some info about the player would be fine... :)
But let's suppose we dont know anything about him.
I think this play is ok. I see you wanted to take the pot postflop, and this 3-bet seems more realistic than a preflop 3-bet (but preflop 3-bet is a good move too). I think that's all, if he's a good/normal player, he wouldnt pushed with nothing...you are beaten here and you folded well.

T

trent32la

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Played fine imo. I like the flop raise as a big majority of turn cards are going to be unfavorable for us and our opponent is going to be double barreling. If we flat the flop, we face some tough turn decisions where we end up just folding most times.

H

hffjd2000

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You played well.

Thanks for the posting. I would add this strategy to my play.

Sometimes, we have to defend our blinds and not allow to be bullied.

Spieler

Spieler

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sure, first call was right, but when you see the flop and it's mid-pair with decent kicker and not more, you have to fold. SB maybe was bluffing, but he also could have higher pocket pair like 10s or Jacks. so raise was not good play.

P

PokerFan27

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You played well.

Thanks for the posting. I would add this strategy to my play.

Sometimes, we have to defend our blinds and not allow to be bullied.

I am glad to read this :)

Kind Regards!