$5 NLHE: QQ gets 3bet

A

aznman08

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
what about the 2 limpers did they fold back to you?

L

LizzyJ

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At the beginning of the hand your M=14, after your raise your M=12. My knee jerk reaction would be to fold. You have a premium hand. But after thinking about your 'M' situation, I would shove it all in.

trewtrew

trewtrew

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in a very tricky sitaution like this i always ask myself, can i fold and still have plenty chips to play with? if the answer is yes then i just fold. Even if u are folding the best hand u r gong to lose 1200 or so chips, but if u stick it in and are up against AA or KK u r out the tournament (assuming u dont hit a Q)

JohnnyFronts

JohnnyFronts

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I really wish I could have seen how this player was playing up until this point cause it would be an imense help, and I keep going over this thread again and again. But the more I think about it, why would a player with a large stack commit almost half of it with anything worse than AK or QQ+. Yeah its a juicer when the action gets to them, but have you noticed this player thinking on the 2nd level? Do you think they are capable of putting you on a steal with your raise and just raising you with 88-TT? In my experience I have come across very few players at the $5 tournament level that do this. I dont like folding QQ either, but if you shove they will certainly call and you will see AK and QQ+ the majority of the time, with the rare JJ in there, otherwise they will fold everything else, right? This is the make or break point of this tournament. You never did tell us what happened...

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I really wish I could have seen how this player was playing up until this point cause it would be an imense help, and I keep going over this thread again and again. But the more I think about it, why would a player with a large stack commit almost half of it with anything worse than AK or QQ+. Yeah its a juicer when the action gets to them, but have you noticed this player thinking on the 2nd level? Do you think they are capable of putting you on a steal with your raise and just raising you with 88-TT? In my experience I have come across very few players at the $5 tournament level that do this. I dont like folding QQ either, but if you shove they will certainly call and you will see AK and QQ+ the majority of the time, with the rare JJ in there, otherwise they will fold everything else, right? This is the make or break point of this tournament. You never did tell us what happened...
I doubt this villain is thinking on the 1st level so 2nd level thinking is unlikly imo.

Not that it matters but i folded and villain mucked.
Not sure if its the right move or way to nitty, just didnt fell like fliping(against what i thought was TT+AK range) when i thought i could find alot better spots to get it in as a big favorite.
Calling entered my mind for a sec but given the effective stacks it wouldnt be unlikly that he shoved a Khigh board with JJ putting my in a awkward spot.