$5 NLHE MTT: Shoving 16BB against TAG

L

LeGenie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Villian Stats (VPIP/PFR/AF): 25/19/3.5

Hi guys I would like some feedback on the way I approached this hand with 16BB effective stacks.

Blinds 300/600 with 60 ante

Hero (SB) $10053 - VP:22 PFR:17 AF:6.3 W:35|56 STL:43|50 3B:10|100 CB:75|0 N:-5000 hands:138

Villain (LP) $30662 - VP:25 PFR:19 AF:3.5 W:42|80 STL:56|60 3B:7|25 CB:75|100 N:26530 Hands:64

Pre Flop: Hero (SB) with 4:club: 4:spade:

P73(UTG) folds, P643(MP) calls 600, P1116(MP) folds, Villain (LP) raises 1800, P1491(CO) folds, P906(BTN) folds, Hero (SB) ??

With 16BB effective stacks and villain's LP opening range being fairly wide would shoving here be the optimal play considering that we were half way into this level and the next blind level puts me in a definite fold/shove situation.

Thanks for the feedback guys!

horizon12

horizon12

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What stats have first open limp MP and how much have bb ?

If in game was one player, this easy shove, now this fold...

L

LeGenie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What stats have first open limp MP and how much have bb ?

If in game was one player, this easy shove, now this fold...[/

Wasn't too concerned with BB. Villian Stats (VPIP/PFR/AF): 25/19/3.5

horizon12

horizon12

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oh , it my mistake..
I think here one limp and one raise...

So now , this easy shove, because villain have in range many broadway and Ax, We jam here , hoping on coinflip , its fine with 16bb.

Our range hands for push 33+,A7s+,K9s+,QTs+,JTs,A8o+,KTo+,QJo , it is will be profitable , sure...

suby_rafael

suby_rafael

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With our stack sizes this is a pretty good spot to get all our chips in the middle. All in for sure is a good play. We cannot afford to let such spots go by without taking a chance. :flute:

H

hffjd2000

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I fold.

My fold equity here is less. We dont even know what MP will do.

Arjonius

Arjonius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Villain didn't open. He raised over a limper. What evidence do you have to indicate his range is the same for both actions? Assigning him the same range may be fine but might also be anywhere from marginally to highly sub-optimal.

L

LeGenie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Villain didn't open. He raised over a limper. What evidence do you have to indicate his range is the same for both actions? Assigning him the same range may be fine but might also be anywhere from marginally to highly sub-optimal.

Would you say that shoving 16BB is optimal here considering that most players limp junk trying to see a cheap flop at these limits and villain's opening range is still fairly wide since he is aware of that.

bushy_lufc

bushy_lufc

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hey man I think his stats are boardering on the LAG if he is raising 19% of hand sin a game that is 9max which means when a play limps and he 3xs he is usually isolating the limper pretty wide! when you shove here i would expect a fold from the limper 95% of the time and then the TAG/LAG to fold around 50-60% of the time as him showing a hand like T9s may hurt his image although he is getting good pot odds i still think he can fold a bunch and youre pretty unlucky to run into an overpair and well all know flipping is very necessary to win a tourney!! It also send a message to him saying hey man we aren't going to let you be table captain we know what you're up to so tone it down or you're going to face this a whole bunch more.

So yeah im shoving 100%,,,, What did you do (if you run into 55-AA don't worry its pretty damn unlucky)

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
good shove.

that's what I would do.

if he has AK/AQ and calls you you are ahead and there is dead money in the pot.

If he has a bigger pair, I agree with the above poster, unlucky.

I had a spot like this and I jammed 13 effective bbs with 33. The OG raiser tanks and announces "Guess you have to take flips to win tournaments" as he calls I'm figuring he'll show me AJ or something....NOPE he turns over deuces! I doubled up....woot woot....never ever have pocket 3s felt as good as that moment.

I guess what I'm saying is: adding to the fact that his range is wide, you are also making your hand easy to play, exerting max fold equity and giving him a chance to make a mistake with a hand like 33 or A4s....

joker131

joker131

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
44 in this situation is a good shove a limper and the villian small raise. u will get them both to fold , if he calls he on A 10 to k and u have the best hand

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
People are generally much tighter when they raise a limper. He wasnt that loose before that fact. So now its premium over type hands or pairs. We might have some fold equity but I doubt its much I think werr going to showdown. Plus the fact we still have a limper who can still have a hand I fold this.