$5 NLHE MTT: I punished the limper and got commited pls help me!

KKillerss

KKillerss

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lessons from this thread:

Its ok to flat at the SB sometimes, specially considering tournament stages and table dynamics
its ok to take any action at the table, as long as I know exactly why am doing it, and have a pre set plan for future streets

Limper could have been trapping with AA, or connected well with the flop, as he was apparently luring into action. Felt like a raise/fold for me. So it might have been better a x/evaluate position?

Turn can be treacherous

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its ok to flat at the SB sometimes, specially considering tournament stages and table dynamics

Especially in limped pots, where its also called completing, because we just put in the extra 0,5BB to complete calling the 1BB. Because its so cheap, we can essentially complete any non-junk hand, at least if there is an ante. Facing a raise while in SB is one of the more complicated preflop situations, but you do see most world class players have a calling range in SB on final tables. So its probably something, which should be part of our game, but if someone is new to poker and not so comfortable postflop, its an acceptable simplification to play a pure 3-bet or fold strategy from SB facing an open raise. For instance this hand, KJs, if we were facing an open raise rather than a limp, entering the pot from SB is going to be very marginal and not make us a lot of money in the long run. So if we just fold, thats totally fine, at least while we are learning and playing in soft fields.