• Thread starter Ishouldlovethedonks
  • Start date
I

Ishouldlovethedonks

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
My previous theories and tendencies when playing these tournaments has not been panning out. The scenario is blinds are 600/1200 fairly early in the tournament. The players seem to be relatively loose but not necessarily going to push their stack with two pair. A lot of calling stations. They wont bet a lot but they will call plenty.

Two seats from the button is my seat. There are two callers of the blinds and my hand is JJ. Both players have approx 4500 in chips and have played anything from K9 to A anything. I have 8900 in chips and raise to 4000. Both go all in and have K 10 and A 9 suited.

Should I actually consider folding or only calling pre flop when playing against this style of players or stay the course and eventually it will turn in my favor?

H

hffjd2000

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So many callers you said. You cant steal the blinds since they will call.
I think I will just call here and see the flop. I would observe the betting and evaluate from there.

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
shove pre all day every day

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
This is 'fairly early in the tournament'???
We have only 7bb's.. & both limpers have 4bb's.

put the pile into the middle (there's not even the remotest possibility of doing anything but this)

I

Ishouldlovethedonks

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Pushing always seemed like the best, but with all the guaranteed callers the point of raising becomes useless. Hate shoving all my chips in the flop with two callers thus minimizing my chances of success.

Lately a lot of the tourneys I've been playing have people playing Calling anything. So I've opted to play tight knowing any raise will be called and when I have a hand it will likely be payed off. But to flatten my play and then not being able to capitalize when I finally get a hand makes it really hard to maintain patience over a couple hours.

I

Ishouldlovethedonks

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes that's true Orifice I should have said I'm not close to the money yet but at 8900 during this specific tournament I was still mid field.

Arjonius

Arjonius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Insta-shove JJ. With 7bb, even if it puts you mid-field, you're in push-fold mode. You don't have implied odds to limp behind and set mine, and any raise commits you to call off your stack anyway, so put it in as the aggressor and maximize whatever fold equity you do have.

T

trent32la

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You have 7bbs here...so your in push/fold mode...JJ is a snap shove from that spot....you don't know what those two blinds have....however JJ vs 2 random hands your going to be ahead....on 7bbs you shouldn't be raising to fold.....and you have little fold equity once that flop comes...

L

lusopho

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yep, no calling and seeing a flop here. you have 7bbs and JJ. ALL IN!!

R

rumsey182

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is 'fairly early in the tournament'???
We have only 7bb's.. & both limpers have 4bb's.

put the pile into the middle (there's not even the remotest possibility of doing anything but this)
this so much lol

the lab man

the lab man

CardsChat Irregular
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My previous theories and tendencies when playing these tournaments has not been panning out. The scenario is blinds are 600/1200 fairly early in the tournament. The players seem to be relatively loose but not necessarily going to push their stack with two pair. A lot of calling stations. They wont bet a lot but they will call plenty.

Two seats from the button is my seat. There are two callers of the blinds and my hand is JJ. Both players have approx 4500 in chips and have played anything from K9 to A anything. I have 8900 in chips and raise to 4000. Both go all in and have K 10 and A 9 suited.

Should I actually consider folding or only calling pre flop when playing against this style of players or stay the course and eventually it will turn in my favor?
Blinds of 600/1200 are not early in tournament
You have approx 7BB left and your 2 opponents have 3.5 ish BB left. You and are all and should be in the Push/fold mentality
Why on earth would you not push with a top 6or7 hand of Js ..your pricing your opponents in with a smallish raise based on your chip stack and the villains
As PO and others have said this is an auto push
never fold in this position with Js
I can see why your previous theories and tendencies are not working
Post some more hands ..there are some good players here who will gladly help you

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
push with JJ and be happy to get 1 or 2 callers as you need chips more than you need to stay alive. Be happy to win the blinds and limps too. There is no downside to shoving.

if you would have pushed it is more likely at least 1 of them would have folded.

If they both still called, it would be more likely that they are sharing cards, or that you are facing 2 overs and an underpair....all are fine outcomes.

el_magiciann

el_magiciann

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Man this is definitely all in pre flop ,,, I do this with 10bb or less with hands like 77+ when i am MP OR LP and before me there wasn't raisers, but only limpers, you can't fold JJ here it is almost a sin :D And sth more you are favourite here by good % :)

T

tohos

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
JJ 7bb you don't even need to give a shit about anything else really.. just shove, its unexploitable. Only exception is its a satellite close to bubble. Or a super super super super nit who folded like 100 hands finally plays.

If you are flipping with crap like A7 and K9 you have like 49% equity(I punched in equilab). And you will triple up or more when you win since there is more than one caller. You can't just think in terms of winning or losing. You have to take into account the amount as well.

S

Scrover

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All in all the time. No point seeing the flop here, an overcard will hit like fifty percent of the time. The cards people flipped over weren't bad. You're flipping for 23BB and seemingly the structure looks like a hyperturbo or you are just shortstacked, 23BB is a lot either way.