$5 NLHE MTT Deep Stacked: how do u play this hand ??

A

anthony c

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Villian Stats (VPIP/PFR/AF): 33/8/4.3

54 hands on Villian, stats are vp33, pr08 and ag43% dont know af.
How do u play this hand from turn and river do u make this call???
What hand or range do u put him on turn and river??

full tilt poker Game #34282788560: $7,500 Guarantee (Day 1i) (267490393), Table 5 - NL Hold'em - 400/800 Ante 100 - 07:24:24 ET - 2014/06/01
Seat 1: haarpflege (34,172)
Seat 2: mcgcork (36,262)
Seat 3: Grait_macho (26,739)
Seat 4: 18kit86 (24,680)
Seat 5: stepi80 (26,600)
Seat 6: MagikMan91 (18,187)
Seat 7: myzer89 (58,273)
Seat 8: DFG777 (11,130)
Seat 9: TheRraZor (88,229)

18kit86 posts the small blind of 400
stepi80 posts the big blind of 800
The button is in seat #3
*** HOLE CARDS ***
TheRraZor [Jc Js]

MagikMan91 folds
myzer89 folds
DFG777 folds

TheRraZor raises to 1,660
haarpflege calls 1,660
mcgcork folds
Grait_macho folds
18kit86 folds
stepi80 folds
*** FLOP *** [Kh 3d Jh] (Total Pot: 5,420, 2 Players)

TheRraZor bets 2,300
haarpflege calls 2,300
*** TURN *** [Kh 3d Jh] 7♥ (Total Pot: 10,020, 2 Players)

TheRraZor bets 4,500
haarpflege calls 4,500
*** RIVER *** [Kh 3d Jh 7h] 4♣ (Total Pot: 19,020, 2 Players)

TheRraZor checks
haarpflege bets 19,020
TheRraZor calls 19,020
*** SHOW DOWN ***

haarpflege shows [9h Ah] a flush, Ace high
TheRraZor mucks
haarpflege wins the pot (57,060) with a flush, Ace high

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just bet bigger on flop, bigger on turn and call it off, if he has flush draw so be it.

Can't fold.

Arjonius

Arjonius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bet more pre- too. With the stacks as they are, I'm curious why you think making it barely more than the minimum is the appropriate size.

N

nykaktak

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ah9h a hand and flop Kh 3d Jh and a rate was too small only 2300, here the opponent and didn't throw out the card, well and in dalneshny he received nuts, here and result

13anurag

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Kind off a cooler, can fold the river, because the villain is rarely bluffing there. but even that is not an easy fold!

Propane Goat

Propane Goat

Grinder and paint make me the welder I ain't
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Raise more pre, at least 3-4xBB. Hands like JJ, TT are vulnerable to overcards on the board and you don't want to let A-rag and KQ see a cheap flop.

One consequence of raising too little pre-flop like this is that if you get callers in later position, the blinds may also come along with crummy Aces/Kings and speculative hands because of pot odds and you really don't want to see a multiway pot with JJ.

A

anthony c

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Raise more pre, at least 3-4xBB. Hands like JJ, TT are vulnerable to overcards on the board and you don't want to let A-rag and KQ see a cheap flop.

One consequence of raising too little pre-flop like this is that if you get callers in later position, the blinds may also come along with crummy Aces/Kings and speculative hands because of pot odds and you really don't want to see a multiway pot with JJ.

I open 2bb+ a little depends on how tight the table plays at end of tourney and 3x bb early on in tournament.
If u raise 3x and then 4x with jj wont that give my hand away and only get action from coolers and ak.
I bet flop small so i get action from weak hands like small pair like 88,99
guess i could bet more and i think i should check turn when hearts comes
WHAT I DO WHEN HE RERAISES TURN 3 HEARTS OUT or can i bet turn??Is there allot of top pair that will call only ak not likely, kq,kj 3 j out there and kt.
I think its a good time when he bets so big on river to fold a big hand like 1 of you said his not bluffing often there and its a big bet on river.
Is it a good bet on river by him when i play the hand the way i did??
Im never calling with out a set or smaller flush im never playing it that way ok i did but i was hoping he bet river less if he has a flush.
thanks

suby_rafael

suby_rafael

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think check folding the turn is the best one can do here. Obvious c-bet made on the flop on a paired board. If the villain calls and bets turn then there is a stronger likelihood of him either having a king or flush draw. If you don't believe him on the turn which is fine then your turn call after checking is warranted, but after that no way can you call if villain bets again on the river. So check fold turn if you believe him, if not let him convince you on the river. Sometimes if villain has a worst hand say a pair less than jacks then he will still bet the turn and check back on the river. So it's player dependent.:egg:

Salvete777

Salvete777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't know how i play this hand, but I can tell that you had one mistake - preflop bet size. Look, you have the highest stack (2nd 55k and he was already folded), so you should bet at least 10k+. JJ is enough good hand to call all-in (with max 30k chips).

seanDCFC

seanDCFC

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't know how i play this hand, but I can tell that you had one mistake - preflop bet size. Look, you have the highest stack (2nd 55k and he was already folded), so you should bet at least 10k+. JJ is enough good hand to call all-in (with max 30k chips).

10k+ preflop seems huge to me. OP should have bet bigger but I don't think that 10k+ is really needed here.

zarzar78

zarzar78

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i will push more chips preflop min 4 TIMEs the BB to avoid to be called by speulative hands and be called by small pairs or AK AQ

Also i will bet 70% of the total chips on flop .
You have to be much more agressive

Arjonius

Arjonius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I open 2bb+ a little depends on how tight the table plays at end of tourney and 3x bb early on in tournament.
You can open for fewer bb as the stack to blind ratio drops. but barely over 2bb seems small when all but the two smallest stacks are more than 30bb. Your sizing makes it pretty inexpensive for opponents to play modest hands, especially the ones who have position on you.

If u raise 3x and then 4x with jj wont that give my hand away and only get action from coolers and ak.
You will give a sizing tell if you change your sizing according to the strength of you hand, but not if you consistently open for say 3x instead of 2.05x

This kind of thinking can be penny-wise, pound-foolish. It's not just about getting action, but also about what kinds of hands will give you how much.

In this instance, you might have got a call from hands like 88. But they were unlikely to pay off more than 1 street of small value. Otoh, your size also meant it wasn't awful to chase with a hand that could win big from you.

Checking the turn seems overly conservative, especially since you just assumed he'd call the flop with 88 99 when, if he does have these hands, you could be the one with a heart draw.

WHAT I DO WHEN HE RERAISES TURN 3 HEARTS OUT or can i bet turn??Is there allot of top pair that will call only ak not likely, kq,kj 3 j out there and kt.
If you bet the turn and he pops it, how likely is he to have AK? Maybe with the Ah, but with no heart?

Otoh, since you assumed he could call your flop bet with 88 99, is it possible he has 77? Or, since your small flop bet let flush draws call, is it possible he'd bluff-raise the turn without one?

This goes back to above where, if you had bet enough on the flop so he will fold middle pairs, it tends to make further play less difficult for yourself.

Propane Goat

Propane Goat

Grinder and paint make me the welder I ain't
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips

Your flop bet sizing should be dependent on the texture of the flop and how you connected with it, and also position. Here, you flopped middle set, but the flop is very draw-heavy because of the two hearts and two Broadway cards. Hands like AT, QT, and suited hearts have strong possibilities of beating you by the river, and your bet sizing should be such that you are denying your opponent the proper odds to call, because you're trying to defend your set against the straight and flush draws.

Some (actually, many) players will call any size bet when they are chasing draws, and sometimes they will get there, but if you deny them the odds to call and they do it anyway then they're making a mistake. In the long run, if you make less mistakes than your opponents, you will come out ahead.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands