$5 NLHE MTT: AK button raise facing UTG limper reshove

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The game is LOOSE so far, most pots seeing 5+ limpers. Villain is 25/3 over 28 hands, play is generally real bad on this site at these BI levels.

I am thinking he has a big A or 99+ most of the time, Maybe KQ.KJs from what he has played so far, I am not thinking he is bluffing me since I have been involved in 2 hands so far and was strong in both. On the other hand I think he is a bad player, but bad passive so I think he has something.

Am I flipping here?

PKR No-Limit Hold'em Tournament, 75/150 Blinds (9 handed) - PKR Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

BB (t1790)
UTG (t3854)
UTG+1 (t2850)
MP1 (t3516)
MP2 (t1875)
MP3 (t9184)
CO (t3065)
Hero (Button) (t3525)
SB (t2365)

Hero's M: 15.67

Preflop: Hero is Button with K
heart.gif
, A
spade.gif

UTG calls t150, 1 fold, MP1 calls t150, 1 fold, MP3 calls t150, 1 fold, Hero bets t600, 2 folds, UTG raises t3704 (All-In), 2 folds, Hero ??

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Has he done a LRRAI from UTG w 25bb's so far?
Quite often this is 'AA'.... sometimes AK. (but with him bein' real passive, I'd lean towards AA).

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Has he done a LRRAI from UTG w 25bb's so far?
Quite often this is 'AA'.... sometimes AK. (but with him bein' real passive, I'd lean towards AA).

Nope, 1st real agro hand I have seen from him. He has raised a couple of good hands tho, so IDK if he is gonna limp AA-KK OOP. (Or I think they were good, it didnt go to SD; But he was repping big on the flop, and he is so transparent that I think he had good)

<30 hands in the tourney so far, we have been on the same table since hand 1

B

BlueNowhere

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

+1

I think your raise size as played is pretty bad though. Defintely should have been much bigger, if effective stacks were 40BB I'd raise to ~1000 , given you have 23BB jut shove. As played call, villian shows up with random crap + dominated aces enough that you can't fold. I had QQ other day and tight/passive player pulled this move, thought for ages before calling off 50BB, he had 84o.

cjatud2012

cjatud2012

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like a push, with t675 in the pot already, it's definitely worth it to put your chips in here, plus you have a pretty good hand in case you get called.

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks guys. I guess I was kinda looking for the squeeze (Then post when it happens lol at me) but that was dumb. I will probably only get pushed on as a small fave at best and should have utilized the FE I had.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
your not really looking for fold equity to be honest(your happy if you get calls), it's just a hell of a lot easier to just shove and pick up whats out there, rather than raise and have a bunch of callers and miss two thirds of the time, it's a friggin nightmare postflop. Once your raise size gets past 1000 here as mentioned somewhere in this thread, your best bet is to just ship it all in.

D

DEdwardsNJ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Damn, I think i need to re-evaluate my game in the 20-30BB area because I don't think I would have shoved 23.5 BBs in pre with AK here so if this is standard I am making some huge mistakes there.

As played, I think its a fold, this screams AA to me and you can easily survive and still have 20 BBs

B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is no way in hell you can fold for $2925 in a ~$4600 pot, if his range is QQ+/AK you have odds to call and there's no way his range is that tight. He has the perfect limp-rr stack.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is no way in hell you can fold for $2925 in a ~$4600 pot, if his range is QQ+/AK you have odds to call and there's no way his range is that tight. He has the perfect limp-rr stack.

yah, cant be folding after raising in this spot.

X

xxwolverinexx

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
this is an auto fold here , given the equity of your hands plus the position of the one shoving..an easy fold.

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its been said before, but i think the emphasis on his range in your original post ignores the sick price to call we get as played, never ever fold. shove pre cause people should call wider than they 3bet shove given your stack size

D

David G

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Haven't read any responses so excuse me if it's been said but I think this one's rather simple.

As played you have to call. Should have just shoved pre though and that's what you want to do next time.

D

David G

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Damn, I think i need to re-evaluate my game in the 20-30BB area because I don't think I would have shoved 23.5 BBs in pre with AK here so if this is standard I am making some huge mistakes there.

As played, I think its a fold, this screams AA to me and you can easily survive and still have 20 BBs
Well I think the problem is here you can't raise fold so that only leaves limping or folding pre. You can limp I guess, but it's not a good play for may reasons, but if you're stuck on playing the pot with having the option to fold I guess you can limp here (lol). You can't just open fold here either, this is holdem and we only get 2 cards and you've got a cpl of the best we get.

So that leaves shoving pre where a lot of the time you pick up all those limps uncontested and other times you get HU for a double up + the limps in a 70/30 fav and sometimes you are playing for a dbl with a flip, but getting paid more than 2-1 and very rarely, very rarely, someone limped a hand you're a big dog to here.