Dubstep

Dubstep

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
PokerStars - $5+$0.50|700/1400 Ante 175 NL - Holdem - 7 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

SB: 17.39 BB (VPIP: 10.94, PFR: 10.66, 3Bet Preflop: 3.70, hands: 128)
BB: 23.82 BB (VPIP: 19.05, PFR: 19.05, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 21)
UTG: 21.64 BB (VPIP: 16.67, PFR: 19.23, 3Bet Preflop: 14.29, Hands: 30)
UTG+1: 64.83 BB (VPIP: 45.00, PFR: 8.47, 3Bet Preflop: 8.00, Hands: 60)
MP: 17.04 BB (VPIP: 33.33, PFR: 26.09, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 24)
CO: 25.17 BB (VPIP: 20.21, PFR: 18.48, 3Bet Preflop: 6.06, Hands: 96)
Hero (BTN): 39.89 BB

7 players post ante of 0.13 BB, SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 2.38 BB) Hero has A:heart: J:diamond:

fold, UTG+1 calls 1 BB, fold, fold, Hero raises to 5 BB, fold, fold, UTG+1 raises to 64.71 BB and is all-in, Hero calls 34.77 BB and is all-in

Flop: (81.91 BB, 2 players) 5:club: T:spade: 9:spade:

Turn: (81.91 BB, 2 players) K:spade:

River: (81.91 BB, 2 players) 9:club:

UTG+1 shows 7:diamond: 7:spade: (Two Pair, Nines and Sevens) (Pre 55%, Flop 74%, Turn 84%)
Hero shows A:heart: J:diamond: (One Pair, Nines) (Pre 45%, Flop 26%, Turn 16%)
UTG+1 wins 81.91 BB

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I wouldn't call there in that spot. What range do we put villain on when they LRRAI?

REALITYPOKER

REALITYPOKER

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I see and UTG limp by a normal passive fish who has pfr raise of 8 I'm going naturally put 77+,A9+KT+ in his range and seeing how he limped shoved to your raise I am usually giving him more of the top of range and would not race with AJ in most cases in that spot when villan is so deep. I think I may have raised as well in your spot. One thing to consider though. 1. You are raising 5x preflop not really needed 2.25 to 3x is completely fine and gives you more pot control pre and post flop in this spot, you don't necessarily have to "MARRY" AJo in this spot. If you had him covered by much more that does not dent your stack so much I could maybe see a race here. Insta fold IMO given the circumstances in this spot.

suby_rafael

suby_rafael

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pretty loose call there. The stack size of the villain is what should make this an easy laydown.

We should not be calling off 50 bb shove with AJ pre flop. There is a very good chance that we are dominated or flipping at best. Just give up on the pot pre flop, we have to look to go deep in an MTT, so survival is key. We should not be taking such risks making loose calls like this one.

H

hffjd2000

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Such a very loose call.

You have a healthy stack, good position and not so great hand.

I will not enter flips with so high bb either.

L

love that omaha

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Terrible call in my opinion unless you are up against my KK which AJ seems to outflop about 60 percent. Lol. I think it is a pretty easy fold you are never in a dominating position, you have to fade two opponents if by some miracle you have the best hand preflop and many times you are dominated. Unless you know in advance the flop is coming A A J there is no reason to play this hand in this spot.

A

AviCKter

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fold, Fold, Fold.

And what's with the 5x raise, way too much in my opinion.

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think raising it up to 5x was ok here with AJ. Villain limped, and you wanted to build a pot in position vs. a passive fish with a wide range and you most likely have the best hand. that is totally fine. Normally when I'm iso-raising a limper I just do my standard raise (2.5x) + 1 BB, so for me I would have raised about 3.5 bb here. I've noticed from your other threads that your standard raise is usually 2.0x so I think a raise of anywhere from 3.0-3.5 should suffice and be consistent with your style. but 5.0 accomplishes the same basic thing. The downside is that obviously it costs you more when somebody jams on you and you have to fold.

which is probably what you should have done (folded the AJ to the huge over jam).

when a passive fish all of a sudden limp jams their stack on me, I'm thinking AK. I've noticed a lot of passive fish will limp with AK because they know they have to play it but they don't like to raise, especially with "just ace hi" then when faced with aggression they'll often jam with it because all of a sudden "AK is too good to fold preflop, and I could have the best hand right now". Interestingly, this is not a terrible strategy for a fish who is still developing their post flop skills.

anways, I think you were lucky to be racing here. I was surprised that Villain's hand was so weak...often you'll be crushed. flipping is the best possible outcome whenever you call here. Are your pot odds so excellent that you can't refuse a flip? not really. Does AT or worse limp/jam here? doubtful...