Dubstep

Dubstep

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
PokerStars - $5+$0.50|125/250 Ante 25 NL - Holdem - 9 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: 48.08 BB (VPIP: 34.09, PFR: 18.75, 3Bet Preflop: 2.56, hands: 133)
SB: 10.53 BB (VPIP: 36.84, PFR: 13.16, 3Bet Preflop: 9.09, Hands: 38)
BB: 57.97 BB (VPIP: 20.00, PFR: 9.52, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 45)
UTG: 53.29 BB (VPIP: 36.36, PFR: 5.45, 3Bet Preflop: 5.00, Hands: 56)
UTG+1: 52.01 BB (VPIP: 23.42, PFR: 11.54, 3Bet Preflop: 3.13, Hands: 111)
MP: 38.34 BB (VPIP: 26.09, PFR: 28.57, 3Bet Preflop: 50.00, Hands: 23)
MP+1: 30.9 BB (VPIP: 26.32, PFR: 10.53, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 19)
MP+2: 56.75 BB (VPIP: 8.33, PFR: 4.17, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 24)
Hero (CO): 37.47 BB

9 players post ante of 0.1 BB, SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 2.4 BB) Hero has A:heart: T:diamond:

fold, fold, fold, MP+1 calls 1 BB, fold, Hero raises to 5 BB, fold, fold, fold, MP+1 calls 4 BB

Flop: (12.4 BB, 2 players) T:heart: Q:heart: 3:spade:
MP+1 checks, Hero bets 5 BB, MP+1 raises to 25.8 BB and is all-in, Hero calls 20.8 BB

Turn: (64 BB, 2 players) 3:diamond:

River: (64 BB, 2 players) 8:heart:

MP+1 shows T:spade: Q:club: (Two Pair, Queens and Tens) (Pre 28%, Flop 82%, Turn 93%)
Hero shows A:heart: T:diamond: (Two Pair, Tens and Threes) (Pre 72%, Flop 18%, Turn 7%)
MP+1 wins 64 BB

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
preflop seems fine. a little on the big side but still ok. you want to isolate the limper with what is likely the best hand, so I don't mind you bumping it up a bit extra.

the flop bet seems fine. a little on the small side but fine.

When you get check raised all in on this flop, that definitely sucks, but I think you have to let it go. Yes, he could be jamming with a flush draw and you're ahead esp with your :ah4: blocker....but any other hand he is jamming with and you're behind by quite a bit and the pot is only offering 1:1 pot odds. so you need to have 50% equity to break even in this hand...and often in tourney poker, breaking even is just not good enough.

you have a quarter of your stack invested, so I know it hurts to fold, but it's just so likely that you're beat here.

S

scooba13

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Calling an all in here would be reasonable if you observed the villain had been playing super-wreckless. Also it might be reasonable if you have been continuation betting alot and there is a decent chance the all in raise is tilty.

What did you put them on that you could beat?

flush draw is possible - if past play indicated they play draws by over betting then likely - but a big bet is also a sign they might be scared of the flush
Some kind of ragged Q or even KQ & QJ might go this way with a loose player who likes top pair.
33 could also play like this

Unless you had a strong read based on previous hands it's just too likely you're toast in this situation. 20BB is just enough to continue

J

joe777

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In this situation,i would surely let go of the pot after the checkraise.Usual indication of a trap.

H

hffjd2000

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very loose call on the flop sir.

You have only middle pair.

S

scooba13

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very loose call on the flop sir.

You have only middle pair.

Isn't middle pair heads up good enough to bet when checked to you (2 hearts on board)? I'd hate to give a free card here unless the other player is tricky enough to check raise both the flush draw and air.

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Isn't middle pair heads up good enough to bet when checked to you (2 hearts on board)? I'd hate to give a free card here unless the other player is tricky enough to check raise both the flush draw and air.

I think middle pair is good enough to bet heads up when checked to, yes. I just think k once he gets check raised he has to pitch it...

horizon12

horizon12

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
20 bb Its still big stack what call with only second pair, better to look for more profitable decision, than approximately having 45% equity....

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pre flop is fine.

Post flop can go either way to be honest, really depends on villain. We do beat most hands here other than of course QT and 33 but given that's the only 2 pair combination I think we're fine to go with it + we have back door straights + flush draws + Ace draw.. Plenty of draws and worse Tx hands that take this line. I think calling is ok.

H

hffjd2000

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Im not questioning his bet (actually his bet is very correct), but rather his call.

basse

basse

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
preflop seems fine. a little on the big side but still ok. you want to isolate the limper with what is likely the best hand, so I don't mind you bumping it up a bit extra.

the flop bet seems fine. a little on the small side but fine.

When you get check raised all in on this flop, that definitely sucks, but I think you have to let it go. Yes, he could be jamming with a flush draw and you're ahead esp with your :ah4: blocker....but any other hand he is jamming with and you're behind by quite a bit and the pot is only offering 1:1 pot odds. so you need to have 50% equity to break even in this hand...and often in tourney poker, breaking even is just not good enough.

you have a quarter of your stack invested, so I know it hurts to fold, but it's just so likely that you're beat here.

Isn't it more like 2:1 pot odds? The pot has 12.4BB from preflop, 5BB from Hero's bet, and then another 25.8BB from the all-in. This gives ~43:20 pot odds, which is roughly 2:1. Note that I am new to poker, so please correct me if I'm wrong :)

That said, I agree that he/she should've folded on the all-in, as there are just too many ways to be beat here.

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Isn't it more like 2:1 pot odds? The pot has 12.4BB from preflop, 5BB from Hero's bet, and then another 25.8BB from the all-in. This gives ~43:20 pot odds, which is roughly 2:1. Note that I am new to poker, so please correct me if I'm wrong :)

That said, I agree that he/she should've folded on the all-in, as there are just too many ways to be beat here.

On the flop the pot contains 12.4 bb. Hero bets 5bbs. Making the pot 17.4 bbs. Villain raises 25.8 bbs. 5bbs is the call of our flop bet making the pot 22.4 bbs and we have to call an additional 20.8bbs to win 22.4 bbs so it's pretty close to 1:1 pot odds. (1.07:1 to be exact)

We don't count the money we would need to put into the pit as part of the pot yet when we are calculating pot odds; just the money that's already in the pot compared to the bet we face.

basse

basse

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On the flop the pot contains 12.4 bb. Hero bets 5bbs. Making the pot 17.4 bbs. Villain raises 25.8 bbs. 5bbs is the call of our flop bet making the pot 22.4 bbs and we have to call an additional 20.8bbs to win 22.4 bbs so it's pretty close to 1:1 pot odds. (1.07:1 to be exact)

We don't count the money we would need to put into the pit as part of the pot yet when we are calculating pot odds; just the money that's already in the pot compared to the bet we face.

I'm with you on not counting the money that we would need to put into the pot. I guess my confusion is then: why are you not counting the remaining 20.8bbs (out of 25.8bbs) that Villain raised by? If we win the hand, then we get 64bbs, 20.8bbs of which is what we put in, giving us a return on the call of 43bbs.

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm with you on not counting the money that we would need to put into the pot. I guess my confusion is then: why are you not counting the remaining 20.8bbs (out of 25.8bbs) that Villain raised by? If we win the hand, then we get 64bbs, 20.8bbs of which is what we put in, giving us a return on the call of 43bbs.

because you are right and I am wrong....

I said it...that's right. quote me.

I don't know what I was thinking....yeesh! I swear to god I really know how to do pot odds...I do them all the time!