$5 NLHE HU Tourney: $$5 NLHE HU Tourney: some HU SNG hands

B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hand 1
Villain is not a believer and we have an aggressive dynamic going on. He's check-raisey with any part of the board. My min-raise pre is standard, I'm running about 65/50.

I'll post river to this one later.

No Limit Holdem Tournament
2 Players
Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com
Step 1 Heads Up Shootout

Stacks:
Hero (SB) (1,195)
BB (1,805)

Blinds: 25/50

Pre-Flop: (75, 2 players) Hero is SB A:diamond: A:spade:
Hero raises to 100, BB calls 50

Flop: 9:club: 6:club: 4:club: (200, 2 players)
BB checks, Hero checks

Turn: 6:diamond: (200, 2 players)
BB checks, Hero bets 100, BB calls 100

Villain here is a typical passive fish, "lolz I trap u with middle pair and limp AK pre." This is the 2nd game we've played; in the first he 6-bet shoved 99 for 60 bbs with 99 over my TT. Thoughts on turn, and how much to bet on river?

2 Players
$1 + $0.10 Heads Up Sit & Go

Stacks:
SB (2,520)
Hero (BB) (3,480)

Blinds: 10/20

Pre-Flop: (30, 2 players) Hero is BB 6:diamond: 8:diamond:
SB calls 10, Hero checks

Flop: 7:club: Q:spade: 8:spade: (40, 2 players)
Hero checks, SB bets 20, Hero calls 20

Turn: 5:heart: (80, 2 players)
Hero checks, SB bets 20, Hero raises to 140, SB raises to 500, Hero calls 360

River: 4:heart: (
hero?

Last edited:
W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I really like your line on the first hand, we hate getting C/R on that kind of board. We can also pick up value from weaker holdings as it's likely he's giving us 3 streets with much. So going for turn, river betting is great. Also gives him a chance to bluff, and lets us keep the pot small on a dangerous board that he can bluff a lot on.

Second one is a bit funny on the turn. I don't mind raising here, but we still have a litle showdown value, and it's likely he might just be 20 on the river again giving us a cheap showdown. Once we decide to raise(which deffo works enough to justify it) and get re-raised, i fail to see how we can possibly continue.

thunder1276

thunder1276

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with Wizzim on the first hand but in the second one I want to get it all in. The only hand that has us beat is 96 which is unlikely. He could be doing this with two pair or top pair or a set. You say he is passive but 6bet shoving doesn't sound very passive and neither does trapping with middle pair (im assuming this means check raising). He sounds like he is more sporadic than anything else, likely to play strong hands or weak hands aggressively or passively, leaning more towards the passive side. I would bet 750-1000 so if he raises we will be all in.

Pascal-lf

Pascal-lf

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If he's check raisy with any part of the board I bet/get it in first hand. Also get a lot of value from draws that we don't really like giving free cards to.

Second hand I fold to the turn 3bet.

B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hand 1:
decent river for me

2 Players
Step 1 Heads Up Shootout

Stacks:
Hero (SB) (1,195)
BB (1,805)

Blinds: 25/50

Pre-Flop: (75, 2 players) Hero is SB A:diamond: A:spade:
Hero raises to 100, BB calls 50

Flop: 9:club: 6:club: 4:club: (200, 2 players)
BB checks, Hero checks

Turn: 6:diamond: (200, 2 players)
BB checks, Hero bets 100, BB calls 100

River: A:heart: (400, 2 players)
BB checks, Hero wonders how light i can get called if i make this look bluffy...

Hand 2 I shoved and he snapped with QJ.

B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
btw is it really a terrible call with 2-1 odds and 8-13 outs? at minimum we get another big bet out of him i think...

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
btw is it really a terrible call with 2-1 odds and 8-13 outs? at minimum we get another big bet out of him i think...

As usual i misread the HH. Didn't realize we had an open ended straight draw, thought it was just middle pair which is why the call confused the shit out of me.

Yeah i'd have to look more into the call, i'm still not sure about it. It's probably "ok" considering how deep we are, and you are deffo right that we get paid a big bet on the river if we hit. However, it's only straights that we can really go for a big bet with, even two pair hands will be just a flat call most times on the river right?

B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The biggest trouble I have with HU is putting people on ranges, because their preflop opening/calling ranges are so wide. Until you've established a dynamic with someone, it's hard to get a feel for what they're floating you with and how often you can barrel them, what minbets mean and what this huge turn raise means. A lot of people are never folding top pair and most people will never fold an overpair or a pair of aces.

So yeah, in this case we don't feel too great about two pair but we have 10 outs we would be willing to stack on the river. With 100 BBs effective behind it seems like we should be able to call although it's debatable whether or not he calls a huge bet (results not withstanding) on a 4-card straight board.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands