No Limit
Table Format
STT
Buy-in
Game Options
  1. Turbo
Currency
$
Once again my TT end up in a bluff catching spot. This one is from a 5$ Fifty/50 on pokerstars. First blind level, hand number 4. Opponent playing VPIP 67 / PFR 27 over 15 hands.

PokerStars, $4.72 + $0.28 - Hold'em No Limit - 15/30 - 8 players
Hand delivered by CardsChat - https://www.cardschat.com/hand-converter.php

UTG (Hero): 1,500 (50 bb)
UTG+1: 1,740 (58 bb)
MP: 1,665 (56 bb)
MP+1: 1,305 (44 bb)
CO: 1,485 (50 bb)
BU: 1,455 (49 bb)
SB: 1,470 (49 bb)
BB: 1,380 (46 bb)

Pre-Flop: (45) Hero is UTG with T♦ T♠
Hero raises to 75, 1 fold, MP calls 75, 2 players fold, BTN calls 75, 2 players fold

Flop: (270) 2♦ 3♦ 5♠ (3 players)
Hero bets 162, MP calls 162, BU folds

Turn: (594) 7♦ (2 players)
Hero bets 356, MP calls 356

River: (1,306) K♦ (2 players)
Hero checks, MP bets 1,072 (all-in), Hero?

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Jacks, queens and aces with diamonds would play this way. A lot more bluffs than hands that best your little flush though, so this is probably a call a good amount of the time.

D

daniel888

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think calling to catch the bluff on the river is fine. Although you can bet on the turn if you think the opponent is a weak player, but if it's a good player, I will prefer to check on the turn and see what the opponent is going to do and decide on my decision later.

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You play this hand, imo, like you have the hand you have minus a diamond. You bet both flop and turn like you have an overpair to the board (which I am not saying is wrong but just setting up my point) and then we check river (which I like btw) so everything we do in this hand makes it look to villain like we have 88-QQ with no diamond. Cant assume villain is thinking at all but if they are would they jam a big diamond on the river if they feel like you dont have one? They would want a call and bet smaller (unless they are intentionally making their bet look like a bluff which if they are good is possible, but I discount it in this hand without knowing any more info) so I discount bigger diamonds here especially since I also feel J high flush is not tearing it in here. I could be wrong but I think 10 high flush is good here and villain most likely has a hand like 88 or 99 but may or may not have the diamond (no diamond makes more sense). So even though in game I would fold some of these since thats just a weakness of mine, if I took the time to think this hand through in game I think I would call this river.

side note... I dont like your turn bet sizing here. I do think its a bet because there will be some check behinds on turn when villain floated flop with Ax or broadway cards and then they get to see river for free. They also could have one diamond cards as well on the turn that we can get value from and would not want to check to and let them see river cheaply. I just like a bet smaller than yours but still makes them draw against the odds. Interested to hear what you think looking back on the turn and if you like your sizing.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thank you for the comments. I sized up on the turn, because this was a really bad opponent playing 67% of hands. I think, this kind of player is very inelastic in general. They are there to gamble and have some fun, so if they have any piece of the board, they are going to call, weather I make it 40% pot or 60% pot. So I picked the larger sizing strictly for value, and also in the hope, it might induce them to go crazy and ship it with whatever, they were hanging around with.

On the river though I think, its to thin to jam for value with the T high flush even against this kind of player. They are probably not calling, unless they have a lower flush, and they will also have a higher flush a decent amount of the time. So I checked and would have been completely happy, if he had checked back. He jammed though, and given how much nonsense a player like this can end up with, that they might either overvalue or decide to bluff with, I made the call.

F

feisas7991

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
xc xc xf
tho ill give u credit. in micros i like betting these boards too, since they calling/floating so much
xf ott works too if too much action/too expensive
Hope this helps and Good Luck!

Full Flush Poker