$5.50 NLHE MTT: TJ in position

es530

es530

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poker stars $5.00+$0.50 USD No Limit Hold'em Tournament, Blinds: t25/t50 Conversor de Mãos

8 players
reboooter (MP): t2,750 ( M:36.67 )
Scruffyhead (MP+1): t10,337 ( M:137.83 )
MORAS21 (CO): t6,536 ( M:87.15 )
es747 (BTN): t3,560 ( M:47.47 )
xxzzxxcc (UTG): t3,000 ( M:40.00 )
lemioux20 (SB): t2,260 ( M:30.13 )
K.T-C.P (BB): t3,015 ( M:40.20 )
vivoula87 (UTG+1): t5,430 ( M:72.40 )

Hero is BTN with J
hearts.gif
, T
hearts.gif

Preflop: ( t75 )
1 fold, reboooter calls t50, Scruffyhead raises to t150, MORAS21 calls t150, es747 calls t150, lemioux20 calls t125, 1 fold, reboooter calls t100

Flop: ( t800 ) 7
hearts.gif
, 2
diamonds.gif
, Q
hearts.gif
(6 players)
lemioux20 checks, reboooter checks, Scruffyhead bets t200, MORAS21 calls t200, es747 calls t200, 2 folds

Turn: ( t1,400 ) 8
clubs.gif
(4 players)
Scruffyhead checks, MORAS21 checks, es747 bets t550, Scruffyhead raises to t1,150, MORAS21 calls t1,150, es747 calls t600

River: ( t4,850 ) 6
hearts.gif
(4 players)
Scruffyhead checks, MORAS21 bets t2,850, es747 calls t2,060 all-in , Scruffyhead calls t2,850
That hand ,I wanted giving check behind, because was in position ;but do not know why bet . Since he was in a requested. The question is ; should have paid that bet on the river?

horizon12

horizon12

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When Scruffyhead bet small in multiway pot it looks very weak and other players also play very passive. It's a good situation to do 3bet around 800, not very often someone shove with top pair when early blinds, also you have fold equity...

In turn when you bet and get reraise, need fold, you already far behind and not have correct pot odds to call. In pot two villain both played very passive, not think what both have top pair, big chance one player also have flush draw....

About river when MORAS21 shove, need call because not very often will be higher flush and pot already 6k...

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
check turn, take the freebie, you aint folding out two players often here.

and if you don't call the river here every single time then stop playing those types of hands preflop.

suby_rafael

suby_rafael

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
River is a definite call in this spot after investing a fair bit of the stack chasing the flush in the first place.

Although you could have taken an aggressive 3betting line on the flop and then jamming the turn because you got such a big draw. :)

A

Ambur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Answering for your question: Jes!

You pretty much giving the huge value away picking that kind of line as you did!

As played you should fold turn to avoid further mistakes imo.

spiderman637

spiderman637

RIP Buck
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think its a clear fold post flop...,,MORAS21 has a very good chance of having A or K high flush....
Also i think that u should have folded post turn itself when u got reraised...that would have been a very good step...

ZekeRam

ZekeRam

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With J10s, it flops great against an isolated pot but plays very very poorly in a multi-way pot. You practically have to flop the nuts since 2 pair will likely give straight draws to others in the hand.

As played, I'd 3-bet in position, it removes any pot odds from sb and bb to call and hopefully lowers the field.

Once you have more than 2 callers on the flop, I'd play very cautiously, and probably give it up on the turn. It's best to assume at least one person is also chasing the flush, diminishing your outs and quite possibly even drawing dead.

On the turn, I'd fold to the raise call, practically know I'm beat.

As played, calling the river is fine, there's too much money in the pot to let it go.

B

bondgaurav21

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do not jeopardize your stack in early stage. when ante starts, then this game is a suitable one but in early stage, you are going to lose more MTT games in early stage or when ante starts you have a mediocre stack size which is only good for shove?

Only play big pairs, AK and AQ in early stage to win small ball. and you can play small pairs and middle pairs as well. but if you don't get a set then fold it.

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Your question is should you call the river bet. That is the wrong question. Of course you must call this river bet, or else why did you even play the hand?

The Real question is WHAT WERE YOU TRYING TO ACCOMPLISH WITH THE TURN BET? and then once you got check raised on the turn by the original raiser, should you call the check raise on the turn?

I think the key street on this hand is the turn.

Preflop: Fine as played. Playing a suited broadway hand for a small raise in position in a multiway pot. Totally fine provided you have post flop skills

FLOP: Fine as played. Somebody mentioned you could raise on the flop. that's one way to play the hand, but it's a high variance line and I think that would be better move in a heads up or 3 handed pot. It's unlikely to be +EV in a 5way pot like this. By betting small he is giving you direct pot odds to draw at your flush. Take him up on the juicy pot odds.

TURN: the leader in the hand has slowed down on a blank card. WHY? most likely because he is giving up. You can't necessarily just take a free card since there is still 1 player left to act (They could bet) so leading out isn't completely hopeless....essentially you get to set the price for your own draw and you have a tiny bit of fold equity (OK, not really much fold equity in a multi way pot like this but it occasionally happens). I would personally check and hope for the free card.

But if you do elect to lead out you simply must fold to the check raise from the leader in the hand. His bet screams set or overpair. You took your chance to win without hitting your draw, but once he check raises you you should know that you NEED to hit your draw in order to win the pot and that's assuming your outs are good. Your draw loses a lot of power on the turn because you only have 1 card to come so 9 outs once is approximately 20% winning chances. And likely the 2 hearts that pair the board are no good so 7 outs twice is about 15% chances of winning. I know once the other player calls it seems like your pot odds have improved, but that only makes it more likely that one of them is on a heart draw (probably a bigger heart draw) and your outs are dead.

SO...in summary either check the turn or lead out small and then fold.

As played, of course you must call the river when you actually bink one of your 7 outs.

Last edited: