$5.50 NLHE MTT: Pair of aces with T kicker OOP.

L

limakpl

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
http://www.handconverter.com/hands/2788599
I folded after his river raise.
No read on opponent

Should I somehow raise on the flop or turn to see where am i ?

I don't like to play this kind of hands out of position but in this scenario I had a fair hand and good price.

PCK

PCK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The check/call flop is good,but i would probabily raise the turn.as you played check/call the river sounds good here

L

limakpl

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
SO you are saying that I should check/call all the way without knowing where I really am. Maybe he is capeble of double barrel, but on the river if i check and he does make a bet I am very likely to be behind higher ace, isn't that true?

In this example i am definitelly behind higher ace/ two pair AQ, A6s/ set of 66/QQ/AA because I guess he would just call my bet with aces lower than AQ all queens and maybe pocket pairs 77-jj and kk .

SO I should check/call all the way because there are 3 times more hands in his range that I am winning against than hands that I am losing to. Is that right.????

If this is how you should play aces with medium kickers than I guess i am going to avoid playing them OOp and from the blinds even if I get odds 6-1 or better to call the raise preflop.

Is this the best we can do here check/call all the way?

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well we can take control of the hand earlier, we can c/c flop and then lead the turn for a small bet/folding to action.

Once we get to the river, i don't hate your blocking bet, but it really depends who you are doing it too. If you are doing it to someone aggressive they are likely to either fold or raise you, which isn't a great outcome for a blocking bet. If he's been kind of passive, then it's a better idea to lead out the river, but we need to fold to any resistance on rivers, which you did.

If he's aggressive, our best course of action is to just c/c his 800 chip bet as it keeps all of his bluffs in.

So it all comes down to reads.

with no real reads, i would c/c the flop and lead the turn small to take control of the hand, if he calls turn i would bet really small on the river too like 1/3 pot and hope for a cheap showdown/small amount of value.

with more reads i might play the hand a bunch of differant ways, just depends what he is likely to do.

Overall i think you played it fine, but you can perhaps take control on the most important street, the turn more often, with a small 300 chip bet and go from there.