But lost agaisnt 5 k off suit...{villian hitting K at the river}
pppa.jpg

JustErik

JustErik

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Would you like to explain why you think this is a snap call? I don't see it. Afaik, there's ~6800 in the pot and it costs ~3600 to call for about 1.9:1 odds. If you can be sure the other guy doesn't have an A or any pair you're good, otherwise you're a pretty solid underdog.

If it's a call, it's definitely not a snap call in my book. but I might be missing something?

FTP_TheNuts

FTP_TheNuts

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Would you like to explain why you think this is a snap call? I don't see it. Afaik, there's ~6800 in the pot and it costs ~3600 to call for about 1.9:1 odds. If you can be sure the other guy doesn't have an A or any pair you're good, otherwise you're a pretty solid underdog.

If it's a call, it's definitely not a snap call in my book. but I might be missing something?

Blinds are 600/1200, with action folded to the SB, pot odds aside, SB's M is like ~4, he is shoving almost ATC if its folded around to his SB, taking stack sizes into consideration, it also makes him more likely to shove into hero considering heros stack, knowing it will damage his stack. His shoving range the majority of the time is behind any ace, i snap with ANY ace, K7 and above JQ K10 JK any premium, he is literally shoving so much here it makes folding an ace terrible.

Also heros stack is very small and weak in the current blind structure, he may not get a better spot in the next orbit, he gets a good table image and most likely more chippies to pose more of a threat to the other players and has a more reasonable stack for steals

SNAP CALL!!!!!

atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Matter of fact, I would fold this hand in this spot.

I don't see the point of a snap call.

Is that how you got those chips in the first place?

Defending big blinds with ace 2?

I didn't think so.

:)

slycbnew

slycbnew

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
atlanta, what FTP says in the post above yours is that Hero's equity is so good in this specific situation that we should be willing to call. Defending A2s in the BB is definitely not standard - unless you're confident that A2s is actually ahead of the range of hands Villain is playing.

If you actually run pokerstove and simulate the range of hands Villain is shoving from the SB, you'll be surprised by how strong A2s is in this situation.

FTP_TheNuts

FTP_TheNuts

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
atlanta, what FTP says in the post above yours is that Hero's equity is so good in this specific situation that we should be willing to call. Defending A2s in the BB is definitely not standard - unless you're confident that A2s is actually ahead of the range of hands Villain is playing.

If you actually run pokerstove and simulate the range of hands Villain is shoving from the SB, you'll be surprised by how strong A2s is in this situation.
+ a mirrrrrionnn exactly what i was saying

Atlanta

Sbs M is so low, he is almost shoving with ATC hoping BB has 23o

We are ahead so much of the time here, you are right if we are and SB is also massive stacks we dont call, because it is dumb defending with A2

But in this situation, taking M and math into consideration its a call 100% of the time.