L

luv_2_play024

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$5.5 NL HE Deep Stacked: Set of threes on finals

The game is NL holdem, 5.50 buyin 90 players

Its the final table and there r only 3 of us survived.
We all have betveen 80k and 100k, and I`m the chipleader.
Blinds r 1200/2400
I`m on button and have pocket of threes
raised 4.8k, SB calls, BB folds
Flop comes Ks Tc 3c

What would U do?

Melkor

Melkor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First off, don't minraise preflop like we have done here. When we are raising with 33 from the BTN three handed, a perfectly fine play, we are looking to blind steal as we don't like almost all flops. Sure, it is great when we are called and flop a set like in this example but that happens rarely and we are not giving ourselves the best chance to take down the blinds with a minraise because of the great odds we are giving the two other players. After the SB call the BB should be calling with any two cards technically. With the stacks as they are make a 3x raise to 7200.

On the flop our action will depends on what the SB has done but in both cases we are betting. If the SB has checked then we lead out. As tempting as it may be to slowplay a set this board is terrible for it. It is very draw heavy, with a flush and straight draw on board, and therefore there are plenty of bad turns for us. Not only that but this has hit a SB callers range really quite hard as his range easily includes AQ, KQ, KJ, QJ, JT, AT, AJ and KT all of which are interested in this flop and some which have nailed it. If we bet and he folds then it is just unlucky but we were not getting value on the turn from that hand if we checked.

If the SB has bet then we raise for the exact same reason as above - he likely has a piece of the flop, especially if he is leading into the preflop raiser. In both cases we are looking to get it all-in here on the flop.

L

luv_2_play024

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Agree with U at all, but this was the way to steal blindes, but what I don`t understand, this was a preety nice flop playin 1 on 1, and the guy paid me 10k next hand with A suited with two cards on pot and a Q offsuit. He was prety passive, and played only good cards... :confused:

M

mecoble

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
agree with the first 2 the min-raise is bad, but on the flop with somewhere between half the pot and pot and hope the have a king, dont give a free card and let a hand like aq or aj hit a gutshot for free

J

JoeDi

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would push a bit harder.. If i am reading this right there are 2 clubs on the flop so there is a possible flush draw.. your sitting on a great hand and you want to give him the opportunity to draw another card for the flush .. in this instant am at final table and i would probably put forth 1/2 or all in to prevent him from drawing.. If he decides to draw then he is all in and if you win now you have one less person between you and the grand prize..

Short of him holding KK you are a huge favorite..

L

luv_2_play024

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i did put all in on this cards, guy paid it and got flush on river...
Hate this hands, but when the luck star turns U back, there is not much to do...
Lost almost all my chips and finished on third place...

S

Skidmark

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i would make my standart cbet on the flop and if get called, i would just call or check back on the turn to trap.

R

Riedel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i did put all in on this cards, guy paid it and got flush on river...
Hate this hands, but when the luck star turns U back, there is not much to do...
Lost almost all my chips and finished on third place...

That's why you shouldn't have minraised pre-flop.