$5 10 handed turbo AK

J

jrmonty

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hero doubled up on 1st hand showing what was meant to be a blind steal tho some called my J9 hit two pair. No reads on players.

3rd hand blind 10/20
UTG 1387.5
UTG+1:1500
Hero:3092.5 (AK)
MP1:1500
MP2:1500
CO:1490
D: 1430
SB:1600
BB:1500

UT calls ,
UTG+1 folds
hero raises to 100
MP1 calls 100
MP2 folds
CO Raises to 500
D folds
SB folds
BB folds

Hero calls
MP1 Calls

flop 465 rainbow

hero checks
MP1 goes all in
CO goes all in

easy fold yes?

will post results in a day or so

Last edited:
tenbob

tenbob

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No blind levels ????

Preflop you raise xBB and get 3 bet x5. This is a quite simple shove/fold spot preflop. Calling is the worst option, at best your hoping to be against an underpair to your AK, and if you do happen to flop an ace or a king your getting no action from said pairs.

I lean towards folding preflop, I dont know why you are thinking of calling 2 allins with ace high on the flop though. Fold.

Velutha

Velutha

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd fold here without a second thought....

Benjammn

Benjammn

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yep, easy fold. Two people all-in with this flop either is a set or a straight. No way your hand gets any better aside from runner-runner.

W

WurlyQ

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Shove/fold preflop as stated before.

Call is marginally +EV if neither has a set, AA, or KK. While this is very possible, I'm too afraid CO has a premium pair from the preflop betting so I would fold.

S

soonerdel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
pre flop , hero flats , imo, pre flop hero SHOVES

J

jrmonty

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
pre flop , hero flats , imo, pre flop hero SHOVES

I dont like the shove with AK in too early in sng as the only hands are gonna call you realistically is TT+ and AK so at best its really a fllip no point in dropping a lot of chips here. AK is overrated by too many players in micro sng they overplay it like a made hand at least thats what i think.

I thought the same as everyone else on the flop and folded pretty quick .
MP1 had AQ and the cutoff had AK i just didnt understand either of these plays:confused:. Sometimes hands like this make me doubt my decisions.:(

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I dont like the shove with AK in too early in sng as the only hands are gonna call you realistically is TT+ and AK so at best its really a fllip no point in dropping a lot of chips here. AK is overrated by too many players in micro sng they overplay it like a made hand at least thats what i think.

I thought the same as everyone else on the flop and folded pretty quick .
MP1 had AQ and the cutoff had AK i just didnt understand either of these plays:confused:. Sometimes hands like this make me doubt my decisions.:(

I think you've missed out here on some very good info. and a super valid point. With your AK here.. It's clearly a shove/fold preflop... 'calling is the worst possible choice to make' (read above.... if you flat and you do hit your A or K... you will not be getting any action if preflop reraiser has say TT JJ).
Yes it is early levels,... but you do have him nicely covered.

Your question pertaining to the flop.... easy fold. We are drawing so slim here that there is really no decision-making to be made... clear fold.
My statement about, "I think you've missed out here on some very good info."... not meaning to come off sounding negative or anything... just believe that there has been some Solid Info. provided to you by the member there (actually... not 'believe'... I KNOW!!).

J

jrmonty

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
(read above.... if you flat and you do hit your A or K... you will not be getting any action if preflop reraiser has say TT JJ).
fair point but by going all in preflop iv got all the money in with a flip at best i shouldnt be called by the AQ or AK mind you at this stake it probably would happen lol, and if i dont hit the flop i can fold only losing 500 not 1500 however your way i may win the pot preflop . If i do hit the king but not the ace i may get action if they think i am a loose player consider the steal that turned into a monster was shown.

To be honest im not a fan of shoving AK in SNG until its short handed its too easy to go broke, in a cash game if the same hand happened i would have shoved preflop but even if i win the hand in a SNG technically i could still not make the money if a get a cooler/bad beat.

The more i think about this hand the more i start to believe i should have folded to the reraise. Yes its not the right decision in this hand but too often im flipping.

S

soonerdel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the main reason i said SHOVE is that it is so much better than flatting here, i see no reasonable explanation to flat here.. to me its either fold or shove, its a turbo sng. how many premium hands can u expect to get in a turbo sng? so, therefore, i would shove pre and expect his range to be 77+AA,KJs+AKo. you have him covered and u have some of his range killed.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
The more i think about this hand the more i start to believe i should have folded to the reraise. Yes its not the right decision in this hand but too often im flipping.[/quote]

okay to expand on this one more time..... folding would be better than 'calling' for sure... BUT I still say shove all the way!!! You're not just getting even odds here if in fact it comes a coinflip (for one..that's if opponent even calls your shove),,.. you are also picking up a bunch of dead money in the pot too which imo makes it a clear shove.
'Calling' is the worst possible play here... it's a passive play that in the longrun will lose a bunch. Odds of hitting either your K or A on the flop are only 34%,.. but if you were to see all 5cards you are near 50/50 (another reason for the shove,... you can't just call and then give it up on the flop when you miss... although you'll more than likely have to obviously).
You might want to try giving Collin Moshmann's Sit And Go book a read. I think you'll find alot of answers to your questions in there... and I also think you'll discover a bunch of new questions you might not already have.
GL on the tables!

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands