4th hand, SnG, low flush draw, + straight draw

NineLions

NineLions

Advanced beginner
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
tbh, I wasn't paying too much attention to this game, as ordinarily I fold almost everything until the blinds start rising.

Here's a minraise UTG, called from the SB. I've got a suited 53, 5-1 pot odds, so I call.

Flop weak flush draw. UTG leads out, and because SB calls I'm getting 380-100, so I call the flop.

Turn doesn't bring a flush, but gives me a straight draw as well, but SB leads into it by betting pot.

Stacks:
- UTG+4 with 1310 - CO with 1775 - BTN with 1455 - SB with 1575 - BB with 1500 - UTG with 1545 - UTG+1 with 1500 - UTG+2 with 1500 - UTG+3 with 1340
index.pl

Site: full tilt poker
Holecards:
* - BB (Hero) is dealt 5♦ 3♦
(Sklansky group 7)
Preflop:
* - UTG raises to 60
* - SB calls [45]
* - BB calls [30]
* - Folds: 6
* - Potsize: 180
Flop: 9♦ K♦ 2♠
* - SB checks
* - BB
checks
* - UTG bets [100]
* - SB calls [100]
* - BB calls [100]
* - Potsize: 480
Turn: 4♣
* - SB bets [480]

Hand Converter By Cardschat.com Poker Forum

What do you think he's betting pot with? 2 pair? I've got 9 possible flush outs, plus 3 more aces and 3 more 5s for 15 total, although the flush outs might just get me eliminated if someone has a bigger flush.

Melkor

Melkor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Mmm, called a raise pf to check-call the flop and then bet the pot on the turn? Odd play from the small blind, but a terrible slow play attempt on K9 would be possible who has realised the flush draw, maybe even trip nines. He could have a higher flush draw than yours even and be playing it weirdly.

As for your play, I think it is a fold. Weak flush draw means those outs are a little comprimised and even then 2:1 is not nice odds with all the outs holding up. You have little chips invested in the pot, have not yet made anything on the turn with garbage and need to not get involved.

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Let's look at what's happened here.

- Someone has raised UTG and bet into two players on the flop.

- Someone else has potted the turn into two players, one of whom is the above player who's raised UTG and bet into the flop.

You have only one card to come and 15 outs, but given that I think you have very little fold equity in shoving here because of the above points, and given that flat calling off so much of your stack when you don't even nearly have odds to do so is just plain terrible, I just routinely fold here.

pantin007

pantin007

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
do u really want to risk 1/3 of ur stack drawing there
plus only 2;1 odds and ur may have an inferior flus draw.
i was putting sb on a set but im not sure
he played the hand so soft it is hard to tell but either 2 pair or set.
he might of been planing on slow playing but saw to many draws on the board so he was taking his stand. plus who knows what UTG has he might have ace queen or ace kiing

Q

QITC

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd call

The guy might have a set but I put him on pocket 10's J's or Q's, just above all the low cards but below the K's

And if you're committed than its ok because essentially with 5/3 suited you knew you were chasing

Otherwise you wouldn't have called preflop

NineLions

NineLions

Advanced beginner
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks peoples.

I'll never know what they held; I folded and so did the UTG preflop raiser. It's possible on the flop he thought since he "raised" he should c-bet.

But I folded without even considering how many outs I now had at the turn, so I thought I should post and see what people thought.

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, with little to no FE here I fold the majority of the time. SB's line is very odd, though.

Q

QITC

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
How do you just randomly put him on those hands? This makes no sense.
they raised preflop, the flop had an overcard they checked, there was little to no action and the turn wasn't dangerous to them so they bet

rob5775

rob5775

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
they raised preflop, the flop had an overcard they checked, there was little to no action and the turn wasn't dangerous to them so they bet

Incorrect. The raiser continued the betting on the flop. You haven't seen the action from the preflop raiser yet on the turn.

BTW, that's a very narrow range of hands you put him on. Remember a button raise does not mean a great preflop hand.

R

Riedel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I fixed the output. Position naming is correct now :)

Stacks:
- MP3 with 1310 - CO with 1775 - BTN with 1455 - SB with 1575 - BB with 1500 - UTG with 1545 - UTG+1 with 1500 - MP1 with 1500 - MP2 with 1340
index.pl

Site: Full Tilt Poker
- Dealt to BB:5♦ 3♦
- Sklansky group 7
Preflop:
- UTG raises to 60
- SB calls [45]
- Hero calls [30]
- Folds: 6
- Potsize: 180
Flop:
- 9♦ K♦ 2♠
- SB checks
- Hero checks
- UTG bets [100]
- SB calls [100]
- Hero calls [100]
- Potsize: 480
Turn:
- 4♣
- SB bets [480]

NineLions

NineLions

Advanced beginner
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No more UTG + 4? Then our converter will be just like everyone else's. :)

Full Flush Poker Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands