S

Shandy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi sorry dont have the hand history. $10 mtt, bb 150. full table pokerstars
Hero co with 5600chips and 44
villian bb with 7000 chips- had been pretty agg, not shown down many- mainly good hands when he had.
folds to hero who limps, folds to bb who raises to 750. hero calls 600.
flop 279rainbow. hero checks. bb all in. Hero?

Irexes

Irexes

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Folds.

Even against the loosest maniac this is a fold. There's no presure on chips there's only two outs if behind.

No need to call here.

J

joeeagles

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
TBH Shandy, I don't like your call before the flop. Hitting a set against an aggressive player is a gold mine yes, but he made you put an extra 600 in the pot and you're only 12% to flop that set. I understand that you have a ton of implied odds if you hit because the raiser is aggressive, but your stack is not big enough to throw the extra 600 in there costing you 750 total. Your limp was fine but you should have folded to the raise.

Believe it or not, given the fact he is aggressive, I like a shove PF better than the call. That's not to say you should have shoved, but I just don't like the call there, it makes you very vulnerable and shows weakness.

The fact that rags came on the flop and he goes all-in actually proves it. The reason he goes all-in on those rags could very probably be that he read you with a weak hand, based on the way you played it (he could have an overpair in honesty). Unless you're setting him up, never, ever show weakness to an aggressive player. Fold or raise is the way to go, obviously not randomly.

As played, you have to fold this.

shinedown.45

shinedown.45

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
TBH Shandy, I don't like your call before the flop. Hitting a set against an aggressive player is a gold mine yes, but he made you put an extra 600 in the pot and you're only 12% to flop that set. I understand that you have a ton of implied odds if you hit because the raiser is aggressive, but your stack is not big enough to throw the extra 600 in there costing you 750 total. Your limp was fine but you should have folded to the raise.

Believe it or not, given the fact he is aggressive, I like a shove PF better than the call. That's not to say you should have shoved, but I just don't like the call there, it makes you very vulnerable and shows weakness.

The fact that rags came on the flop and he goes all-in actually proves it. The reason he goes all-in on those rags could very probably be that he read you with a weak hand, based on the way you played it (he could have an overpair in honesty). Unless you're setting him up, never, ever show weakness to an aggressive player. Fold or raise is the way to go, obviously not randomly.

As played, you have to fold this.
IMHO, 44 was not worth the call PF, small PPs are best to be folded unless you can get in cheap even against an aggressor, and if you feel you need to play them against an aggressor then the only move here is to re-raise just as Joe has mentioned

S

Shandy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi thanks for your replys. You were all correct as it turned out- i should have folded preflop- and i shouldn't have called his all in, but at the time i read him for two big unpaired cards, i thought the flop all-in screamed big slick, so being in a mood to gamble i called, felt pretty stupid when he turned over QQ, but the poker gods were on my side and i rivered a 4 to double up.

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How on earth do you get a nearly 40BB stack in with 44 here? This is really bad. :/

Raise preflop (limping first in in LP is seldom a good idea), fold to his inevitable preflop reraise (or bet-fold/check-fold the flop if he flat calls).

B

bocasas

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
fold, there is only 1 chance in ten that you hit a set with a PP, and you didn´t have enough chip to get 10 times what you were betting, also it was a very weak PP, so you know that you needed to hit the flop because obviously he will raise after you checked. in my opinion that call was a waste of chips, you only had two outs.....

S

Shandy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi again thanks for the replys, yes i do realise now that it was a very donkish play, and since reading these replys have started folded in this spot when faced with similar situations, just at that time i couldn't see why qq would play like this, and felt AK was the most likely holding of the villian, although now i realise i was totally outplayed.
Shandy

J

joeeagles

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's good Shandy, mistakes are great because of that; they give you a chance to learn.

Eventually you stop making them.

Errr, wish I could say that lol.

joosebuck

joosebuck

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
does anyone else envision chris's accent in their head when reading his posts? BLOODY FANTASTIC

tosborn

tosborn

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
does anyone else envision chris's accent in their head when reading his posts? BLOODY FANTASTIC

"44 isn't very good here. This should be an easy fold. I mean, we'll just be getting ourself in trouble playing a hand like this in the cutoff. Easy, easy fold.

And he folds."

You mean something like that with an accent.

loopmeister

loopmeister

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
^^^ x2

LMAO.

(BTW if you think Chris' accent is hot, wait till you hear my South African one :) -- and I don;t mean what Di Craprio tried to pull off in Blood Diamond)