$4 NLHE MTT: Flop set against straight board

Shady Vision

Shady Vision

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What would be the ideal way to play this hand to get more chips? I went with a big bet worried about a straight but I think it probably minimized the chips I could have gotten from this.

Was a rush tourney so no stats on the villain to go by.

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, 4.4 Tournament, 60/120 Blinds (9 handed) - Full-Tilt Hand Converter from HandHistoryConverter.com

Button (t3370)
SB (t4751)
BB (t2257)
UTG (t4307)
UTG+1 (t1275)
MP1 (t10575)
Hero (MP2) (t5010)
MP3 (t6243)
CO (t10914)

Hero's M: 27.83

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K, K
3 folds, Hero bets t480, 4 folds, BB calls t360

Flop: (t1020) J, K, 10 (2 players)
BB bets t120, Hero raises to t900, 1 fold

Total pot: t1260

Results:
Hero didn't show K, K (nothing).
Outcome: Hero won t1260

KINGSIN

KINGSIN

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
:itsme:Very interesting, ive looked at this from several points. I think youll either get all the money in or you wont, dont think it matters.

villans possible hands:
AK AQ KQ KJ KT QJ QT XX

okay so as you see: top top, flopped strait, top w/strait redraw, two pair, two pair, pair w/oe strait draw, pair w/oe strait draw, or other hands=under pair, nothing.

So if he has the first 7 hands, youll getting it all in, rather you reraise low or high, just call, etc=monies getting in. See even with the worst bottom pair with oe strait draw youre reraise gives, correct odds for your opp to call, in which he'll either shove then or call then shove the turn, if you push the flop hes calling with probably all those hands. If you just called behind, youll get the money in on later streets, as long as scare cards dont come for your opp(he has two pair and A,Q,9)

IF he has XX, its probably only a pair, lower suit co, maybe AXs, anyways all those hands are not calling a reraise, and will ck fold the turn.

:alberteinSo i dont believe youd get any more money in by slowing down, its either going in now, or not at all.

trewtrew

trewtrew

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
donk min bet is usually a really weak hand but on a wet boar i can understand you dont want to give a free card, an Ace, Nine or Queen would be bad cardsso raising is fine.

cjatud2012

cjatud2012

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
fixed your title, :)

you can't play this hand any other way unfortunately, with this wet of a board you need to raise to get value from draws, rather than letting them look at the turn at their own price.

B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Given stack sizes I prefer shoving to raising to this size, this looks a lot scarier and shoving looks slightly drawier.

cjatud2012

cjatud2012

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Given stack sizes I prefer shoving to raising to this size, this looks a lot scarier and shoving looks slightly drawier.

Oh yeah, just checked that, definitely correct.