$4 NLHE MTT: 67o BB

A

Ambur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poker stars, $4 Buy-in (100/200 blinds, 25 ante) No Limit Hold'em Tournament, 8 Players

Stats: utg: 19/14 limp 0
co: 28/19 limp 0

What you think about preflop and postflop?

As played: What is your game plan in this situation?

SB: 2,190 (11 bb)
Hero (BB): 4,680 (23.4 bb)
UTG+2: 21,003 (105 bb)
MP1: 3,380 (16.9 bb)
MP2: 10,091 (50.5 bb)
MP3: 2,950 (14.8 bb)
CO: 9,120 (45.6 bb)
BTN: 2,610 (13.1 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6
heart4.gif
spade4.gif

UTG+2 raises to 400, 3 folds, CO calls 400, BTN calls 400, SB folds, Hero calls 200

Flop: (1,900) 6
spade4.gif
diamond4.gif
K
club4.gif
(4 players)
Hero checks, UTG+2 checks, CO bets 950, BTN folds, hero?

PCK

PCK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would just call here,and check again the turn,a nice flop here,no draws ...

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
call looks good.

set him up for a check/raise on the turn

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop: you call with a blah hand because your pot odds are amazing and you never know when you might smash a flop. Well done.

Flop: bink! Now our only concern is how to get stacks in and Nevermind anything else. If they have a better 6 or they draw our on you; oh well your primary concern is getting 1 stack on the hook for a full double up. I think the best way to do that is check the flop as you did into a multiway pot and hope the K bets out. Once you get a Cbet I think raising is a mistake, so flatting is best.

Turn: if you flat the flop the pot will be 3800 and you'll have about 3,400 behind. That's perfect. Check most turns and either jam if he bets the turn, or jam the river if he checks the turn (it will look bluffy).

horizon12

horizon12

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Check/call flop-turn and bet in river if not be in board K..

Marcwantstowin

Marcwantstowin

Member of the T.S.T
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Just call on flop and check- raise on turn unless he hits another king. I would imagine you are winning at the moment, but dont try to play too clever or you'll give others too many chances to draw something. I personally wouldn't not wait to the river, just my way. Gl - And tell us how you played..:D:D:D

G

GreatLeslie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe you had to call 200 into a pot of 1500 correct or there abouts. If so then you're getting a fantastic price to call.

The flop was obviously good for you and a call seems like a decent play. No need to check raise or shove here because there aren't many turn cards which can come which will get you scared.

The way i'd play this would be to call his postflop bet and then check raise on the turn.

B

bremensha

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't think you have find gold.
Once you call a 6 is allways the most probable card in your hand.
With a king and a bad kicker it could be very expensive to stay in this pot.
You should play as you would play with a weak king in your hand. I think a min raise looks weaker than just flating.

A

Ambur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for feedback!

hero decided on flop:

Hero made check/shove on flop got called by CO and trips holds, CO had Kx weak kicker!

IceRedefined111

IceRedefined111

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like ur call pre since no one is left to bump it up n u only have to invest 200. Obv u are either going to smash the flop or fold anything ur not getting good odds on. Pretty sure Im always calling and checking to him on turn because I dont see him getting into this hand too heavy with any hands we are ahead of short of AK... MAYBE KQ. If it was possible they held an over pair or if the board was slightly more drawy then maybe Id raise him on the flop.

IceRedefined111

IceRedefined111

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for feedback!

hero decided on flop:

Hero made check/shove on flop got called by CO and trips holds, CO had Kx weak kicker!

I figured there would be a twist. Lol. It was a $4 buy in, so plenty of terrible players there. Maybe we should be taking the way we play the same hands differently due to caliber of players in the field into account. Calling a shove with even AK here is basically a bluff catcher, but online some people just insta click that button mindlessly being optimistic instead of thinking it out.

S

SnowedIn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
raise flop. Don't think he fires again on the turn unless he's got a K. Try and make it look like you think he's weak and just c-betting. If he has a K, he'll call and you'll get paid. Guess he could have a mid pair but you calling here on such a dry board makes it look like you've definitely got a piece.