Table Format
MTT
Buy-in
Game Options
  1. Bounty
Currency
$
3rd lvl, we got almost the smalles stack on table 98bb
Folds to us, we are on HJ AsKs, we raises 2,5bb, BU calls 125 stack(starting), sb 122bb calls, BB (81 bb calls, splashy fish)

Flop Ah9s2c 11,1bb

2x checks, hero bets 4bb, Bu calls,sb folds, bb calls

Turn Ah9s2c2h (23,1bb)
BB checks, hero bets 15bb, Bu calls, BB folds}

River Ah9s2c2hTh (53,1bb)

hero bets 28bb (47,8 bb remaining stack after bet), Bu raises all in, hero???

I hate this, what he can have. Slow played AA, which I block, 99 most plausible, quads 22, A2s, AT, flushes with 9h.

What we do here? No signs villain crazy.

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is no fun when we dont know anything about villain. If they are a good thinking player I think they could be able to put you on the hand you have or very close to it. I am not criticizing the way you played this hand at all but I think if villain is good they could see that your turn bet sizing is not indicative of having two hearts for the flush draw. They can also see that you bet small on the flop (I like the sizing) and then on the turn when 2nd heart comes you fire almost 66% of pot. At that point they probably see you are worried about that heart. Not saying they only called the turn cause they could potentially bluff a heart river but depending on their skill they could see that.

On the river is where I will say that I like to check in this spot. The board pairing does change what I am about to write a little but I still think I would check here. The reason is that I am not sure how many worse hands will call 3 streets here and two of the streets being hefty in size compared to the pot. With the board pairing yes maybe smaller Ax is more inclined to call since instead of having say A5 they really have 10 as their kicker. However, your hand looks like what it actually is so (not that that is a bad thing necessarily) not sure they would call for a chop at best or call with your hand looking like a good ace. Checking here allows villain to bluff with the least cost to us and like I said, I think a lot of worse hands fold to 3 streets. I also think the hands that would check back the river would also not be calling a 3rd street especially of this sizing. I like checking river here and bluff catching.

As played, I am really not sure what I would do. I hate putting in 98 BBs on what is essentially a one pair hand even though the board is paired. Villain could be making a bluff here yes and we are getting 6 to 1 (if my math is right) on a call. Better hands are out there as well with the flush coming in. I would think villain would see or know (although we are readless) that their all in on the river is giving us an enormous price to call which kind of makes me think its not a bluff cause price wise its bad. Tough spot that I guess I call in the hand (really unsure about it though) but again this is another reason why I like checking the river.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
3rd lvl, we got almost the smalles stack on table 98bb
Folds to us, we are on HJ AsKs, we raises 2,5bb, BU calls 125 stack(starting), sb 122bb calls, BB (81 bb calls, splashy fish)

Flop Ah9s2c 11,1bb

2x checks, hero bets 4bb, Bu calls,sb folds, bb calls

Turn Ah9s2c2h (23,1bb)
BB checks, hero bets 15bb, Bu calls, BB folds}

River Ah9s2c2hTh (53,1bb)

hero bets 28bb (47,8 bb remaining stack after bet), Bu raises all in, hero???

I hate this, what he can have. Slow played AA, which I block, 99 most plausible, quads 22, A2s, AT, flushes with 9h.

What we do here? No signs villain crazy.
As played we have to fold we have shown strength on every street and still they shove giving us call odds----flop is soo dry there just is not a lot of missed hands that bluff here.- As another poster stated it is a check- bluff catch or fold river spot we really are not expecting to get value from much on this river when we bet.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
With stacks this deep and a splashy fish in the big blind I think, you are leaving value on the table by only raising to 2,5BB. If you always use this sizing and think, you need to not give away tells to good players at the table, ok whatever. But I would also consider changing my default sizing, if that is the case. Small raises are great, when stacks are short, or in (cash) games without antes, but early in an MTT you are simply giving people to good odds to come into the pot, and the result will be, you end up with a lot of multiway pots (like this one) and rarely winning the blinds without a fight.

Flop
Like the bet and the sizing.

Turn
I also like this bet and the sizing, because the fish in big blind is still in the hand. He can still call you with any AX and maybe even 9X. However if BTN continues against this sizing, then I am not loving my hand any more, and I would already be thinking ahead and plan the river based on that.

River
We are assuming, that BTN is a good player, and already on the turn we wanted him to fold, which unfortunately did not happen. You opened from HJ, and this mean, he would most likely have 3-bet strong aces like AJ+. So what can he even have, that you still beat? There are no busted draws, AT got there, A9 was there already, and a good player dont call that big turn bet with A8 or worse, when he has another guy left to act behind him, and your hand look exactly like, what it is. So even before any action has taken place here, I actually think, you are most likely beat, and the decision should be between check-folding and check-calling. Which mean, that when you do bet, which I think is a significant mistake, its a very easy fold.