$31.50 NLHE MTT Bounty: $31,50 NLHE MTT Bounty: OOP vs 2 opponents, missed board, bounty

R

Rajten

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$31.50 NLHE MTT Bounty: $31,50 NLHE MTT Bounty: OOP vs 2 opponents, missed board, bounty

It is 1st level of tournament, after few hands

Lj (100bb stack) opnes 2,5bb, hj folds, Co calls (101 bb) stack, 2x folds, hero (104 bb) Ad5d, 3bets to 11bb, 2x calls.

I decided to squeeze, to maximize pressure as biggest stack, calling was also resonable.

flop (8c Kd 8s) 34,7bb
hero bets 11bb, lj calls, co folds.

I think, check fold seems resonable, range of lj seems strong, but I decided to make cheap stab with one over and backdoor flash draw, I was also think about check raising to maximise pressure

turn (8c Kd 8s Jc) 56,7bb
hero bets 25bb, lj raises 60bb, hero folds.

I think that here I should definitively forgive pot, but J seems good card to barrel, but what can I make to fold here, only some pocket pair, which decided to float.

What do you think about hand?

K

kozong

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
we had big-ish stack but everyone is on 100bb too so it's no much difference. I prefer calling here n see the flop the cheap way also we oop.
the flop is a mandatory cbet bc we 3b pre, turn is a check to me bc we might make them fold by shoving, but 8 is unlikely in our 3bet pre range n they might get stubborn w/ KX hands

IADaveMark

IADaveMark

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
Not a big fan of the 3-bet pre. Yeah, you might thin down the field but this is a hand that you are either going to hit or not on the flop. i.e. An A, diamonds, or a wheel draw. Even then, you aren't going to be thrilled if an A hits because of kicker problems. That said, when you do hit, the implied odds will be pretty decent. I would rather just call and see if the board hits you and be prepared to check-fold if it doesn't.

That said, I tend to choose 1/4 pot when betting into a paired board that I miss. I am also a little less likely to c-bet into multiple opponents OOP. One player OOP or multiples IP when they check to me? Yeah. But 2 people OOP? Nah.

In this case, if either player has a K (a reasonable bit of knowledge that you didn't gather much about since you c-bet OOP), you only really have 3 outs. (The 3 A.) So that's 7% (counting the turn only—you are actually more like 18% all the way to the river with the backdoor flush draw... but that is if no one bets the turn). With such a small chance to hit that, it doesn't feel good putting money in the pot OOP.

On the turn, things didn't get better and yet you are committing about 40% pot bet... and you ran into a wall when Villain raised you.

So yeah, I would have called pre, saw that I missed and chk/folded the flop.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
I think, from SB this would be an almost mandatory squeeze, but from BB I do lean more towards just calling, because you are getting a good price and closing action. If you are going to 3-bet, your sizing is a bit small out of position against two players, which might be part of the reason, why you got called in both spots.

Flop
Against two opponents we should have more hands, that just give up, and this could be one of them. But as you say, you do have a BDFD, so maybe its ok to bet at some frequency.

Turn
The justification for firing the flop was the BDFD, so when that does not come in, you should definitely just give up. Otherwise you end up bluffing to much. And yeah. Of course nothing to do, when he raise, other than let it go.

E

Endwarfin

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is 1st level of tournament, after few hands

Lj (100bb stack) opnes 2,5bb, hj folds, Co calls (101 bb) stack, 2x folds, hero (104 bb) Ad5d, 3bets to 11bb, 2x calls.

I decided to squeeze, to maximize pressure as biggest stack, calling was also resonable.

flop (8c Kd 8s) 34,7bb
hero bets 11bb, lj calls, co folds.

I think, check fold seems resonable, range of lj seems strong, but I decided to make cheap stab with one over and backdoor flash draw, I was also think about check raising to maximise pressure

turn (8c Kd 8s Jc) 56,7bb
hero bets 25bb, lj raises 60bb, hero folds.

I think that here I should definitively forgive pot, but J seems good card to barrel, but what can I make to fold here, only some pocket pair, which decided to float.

What do you think about hand?

You said this is early in the tournament. Lj has 100 bb this is the first hand he is choosing to play.

Stab on the flop is fine, but it's a stab. Kind of think you have to give up when called. You lost equity on the turn.