Regards!

toots babos

toots babos

ex-tornament grinder
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'd fold pre. By the looks of it you've got nearly half the chips in play so sit back a bit and let the shorter stacks fight it out and pick them off when you have a good hand

tagece

tagece

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I would fold after the flop. Im my opinion, looks like the SB hit something in the flop, maybe the ace. With 2,81 BBs left, he would go AI anyways. You put 9 BBs in a speculative hand, waiting for a draw. There was no need of that in that moment of the game.

P

PokerFan27

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that the fold preflop is little weak but is not a bad option specially against loose players.

T

trent32la

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Open shoving preflop here every time on 9bb effective, we aren't looking to induce a shove, we are looking for fold equity.

For the people who said they are folding preflop, are you also folding A2-A5 here? As, 98s has much better equity vs a calling range than weak aces.

The flop is spewy, when our opponent leads out he most always has Ax and all we have is a naked open-ended straight draw and no fold equity, I would fold without question to his leadout. By folding we also keep the chiplead and can bully the other players with our stack without risking busting out right away.

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
2 options stand out as superior here: jam pre or fold pre. good arguments can be made for both.

Raising is useless and will put you in exactly these types of weird situations. What is the rationale for min raising? Is it so you can fold? that is a very exploitable leak at 9bb effective. I would let my recent table activity determine whether or not I jam or fold here. If I have been raising a lot, I'll let this one go. If I've folded a few hands, I'll jam this one. Sometimes I'll jam a hand like 97o and then 1 hand later get an "objectively better" hand like 98s and fold it because I feel like I've used up some of my fold equity in the last few hands. Fold Equity is a constantly changing thing depending on how your opponents view you, and their emotional state. some people don't like being "bullied" and will eventually make a stand so I try not to push it too hard when I don't have to. Having almost half the chips in play 5 handed in a SnG is one of the times I might not feel the need to "push" my luck in jamming too wide.

As played....just fold the flop. when he donks for 75% of the pot he probably has something. when he donks for half his stack he is telling you he's not folding. believe him. those kinds of draws need fold equity or high implied odds to be played profitably. You have neither.