$3 NLHE MTT Rebuy: Daily 60k Sunday morning: squeeze a flat when big-time nit flat in MP or see a flop?

L

Lofwyr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$3 NLHE MTT Rebuy: Daily 60k: squeeze when big-time nit flat in MP or see a flop?

This is from Sunday morning as well. This hand happened a short while after the rebuy period had ended. The raiser was new to the table, this was his third hand, he had limped one of the previous hands and raised the other. The caller had been an uber-nit over ~50 hands running 6/4. Somewhat more than half of those hands had been during the rebuy period.

Poker Stars $3.00+$0.30 No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t80/t160 Blinds + t30 - 9 players - View hand 1126303
DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

CO: t16757 M = 32.86
BTN: t10870 M = 21.31
SB: t5355 M = 10.50
Hero (BB): t8890 M = 17.43
UTG: t12765 M = 25.03
UTG+1: t17105 M = 33.54
UTG+2: t18435 M = 36.15
MP1: t10868 M = 21.31
MP2: t6485 M = 12.72

Pre Flop: (t510) Hero is BB with A K
3 folds, MP1 raises to t480, MP2 calls t480, 3 folds, Hero ???

**I think a squeeze can be made with multiple bet-sizes that have different merits. I also think there is merit to just flatting and playing the hand as a big drawing hand with great pot odds going.

There is more to the hand obviously and I'd like input on that stuff as well...but going with a huge amount of nested spoilers seemed tedious. I will make a follow-up post in this thread that has things laid out a bit more clearly in proper spoiler-y fashion.

Last edited:
L

Lofwyr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sooo...quite a few follow-up moments as well. I've spoilerized them sort of by decision block with nested spoilers for multiple decisions in the same general moment. Decision results precede new card information in following spoilers.

action remaining from pre-flop: Hero calls 320

Flop: (t1790) 2 8 K (3 players)
Hero ???

*lead? go for a check-raise on the potentially over-aggro new guy?
Hero checks, MP1 checks, MP2 bets t320, Hero ???

action remaining from flop: Hero calls t320, MP1 calls t320

Turn: (t2750) Q (3 players)
Hero ???

action remaining from turn: Hero checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks

River: (t2750) 5 (3 players)
Hero ???

*all in all the river is a decent one considering the turn action. can we go for a small value bet here looking to get calls from marginal K's and PP's?
Hero bets t1120, MP1 folds, MP2 raises to t2240, Hero ???

Whew! This was an interesting hand. I guess it rather illustrates why position is so awesome.

So...thoughts? Maybe post initial thoughts and edit/follow-up with further decisions?

brackdog

brackdog

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I really like your call pre-flop, maybe not as a standard play but as a very sneaky positional variation. I've had a couple of memorable thrashings from similar plays. Very hard to put you on AKs.

But I don't get the thinking behind the post-flop call. Seems like the whole point of the pre-flop call was to set up the check-raise if you hit, which you did. If you check-raise, you hopefully shed the nit (in hindsight, this would have happened, right?) and get heads up against the aggro player with only a couple of monster hands in his range that concern you.

I guess we can try to reconstruct the probable result of check-raising when you reveal. As the hand played it out, I have to call that reraise; nothing you've done thus far would cause him to put you on any kind of a hand, and an aggresive player will be making that raise fully expecting to be ahead with any of the hands you suggest, plus AK or AQ.

bd

L

Lofwyr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think this hand is ripe for discussion, but I'm going to refrain from dissecting my thoughts until maybe some more people have responded...don't want the results to just be spat out in the first couple responses. Gotta let people think their decisions through so I can learn somethin!

L

Lofwyr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
*BUMP*

I suppose I should have put the AK in the thread title :p

Anyone have thoughts on other actions at any point? A better way to play this hand?

edit: actually, could a mod change the thread title? Instead of: Daily 60k Sunday...etc. Put "Sunday 60 - squeeze AKs when a big-time nit flats or see a flop?" Thanks!

Last edited:

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would lead this flop.
I don't really understand his flopbet, but I think he made his flush on the turn and expected one of you to raise the river.

S

sweepnet

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree about the flush, wouldnt the flop bet be him making a bet to raise the pot, but with his odds, and maybe take it down right there.