$3 NLHE Deep Stacked: Should I have folded on the Turn and/or bet out more on the Flop?

C

chispa73

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$3 NL HE Deep Stacked: Should I have folded on the Turn and/or bet out more on the Flop?

Stacks:
* UTG+1 with 1500
* MP1 with 2925
* MP2 with 2955
* MP3 with 2835
* CO with 4095
* BTN with 3090
* SB with 3780
* BB with 2820
* UTG with 3000

hand.pl

hand.pl

Blinds:
Site: full tilt poker
* * Dealt to MP2:A♠ A♦
* * Sklansky group 1
Preflop:
* * 3 players fold.
* * Hero raises to 90
* * MP3 calls [90]
* * CO calls [90]
* * 3 players folded.
* * Total folds this street: 6
* * Potsize: 315
Flop:
* * 6♦ A♥ 2♥
* * Hero bets [210]
* * 3 players fold.
* * MP3 calls [210]
* * 1 players folded.
* * Total folds this street: 1
* * Potsize: 735
Turn:
* * 10♥
* * Hero checks
* * MP3 bets [690]
* * 1 players fold.
* * Hero calls [690]
* * Potsize: 2115
River:
* * Q♣
* * Hero checks
* * MP3 bets [1,845, and is all in]
* * 1 players fold.
* * Uncalled bet of 1,845 returned to MP3
* * MP3 wins the pot (2,115)
* * Total folds this street: 1

Poker Hand Converter By Cardschat.com Poker Forum

Emperor IX

Emperor IX

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually pot the flop in these situations to protect my hand, and I don't think I'm virtually ever calling that turn with a set. If I was going to play I'd ship it to scare small flush draws and draw for a boat against big ones.

C

chispa73

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks Emperor but with only $45 in the pot so far isn't going all in a little too much?

Emperor IX

Emperor IX

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks Emperor but with only $45 in the pot so far isn't going all in a little too much?

Unless I'm more tired than I thought, there is 1300+ on the turn? What do you mean 45? Unless you mean preflop, but preflop was fine. I'm only talking about shoving turn

C

chispa73

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Aaaah- I see. Yeah I had him on a flush on the turn. He was so loose he could have had Kh6h. When he made that pot sized bet my pot odds were 2-1 but my card odds were 3.6-1. I figured I'd survive with $1900 still left in the tourney.

Emperor IX

Emperor IX

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok, read board wrong. Thought it was a four flush :(

Emperor IX

Emperor IX

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok, read board wrong. Thought it was a four flush :(

C

Cilderr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very hard to get away from a set. Flop play correct, mabye bet a little more, but quite hard decision on the turn. If you think he has a flush(which he does, quite often), then u have 10 outs to improve. Thats about 20 percent of the time. And we know, that he aint laying down a flush, not in this tourney, not at this level, then u might consider gambling here. he has 2500 behind at the turn, so you have to pay 690 to win 3270. If you improve. that means u get nearly 5 to 1, a little less to make it a correct call(if u are behind and draw for the boat). So close decision.

On the river, I'd fold.

bgomez89

bgomez89

Resident Thugmaster
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Flop play correct, mabye bet a little more, but quite hard decision on the turn.
If this guy called 210 on the flop, i have no doubt he'd call a pot sized bet.

C

Cilderr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If this guy called 210 on the flop, i have no doubt he'd call a pot sized bet.
yes, he would, but we want to make him pay for his draw. Let him chase agaist odds. Every chip u put in the pot when you are in front is +EV.

JohnnyFronts

JohnnyFronts

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with the above post that says to bet closer to the size of the pot. Somewhere between 270 and 305 would be better. You will be surprised at the larger bet amounts players will call at this level of a buy-in. Anyway, this is a spot where reads/history/image all come into play. Please include those if you have them. Without any info, grudgingly fold and survive since its so early. If you had a special read or some history that says he's loose, then the decision might change.

W

WarEagle1266

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you make a pot-sized bet, he would have to call 50% on his 35% draw. Meaning you will make 15% profit overtime every time you get called, not to mention all the folds you'll get. Remember, unless you can get a guy all in preflop with AA, you will either win a small pot or lose a big one. Play Aces carefully.

G

grvicious

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think the bet/folding the turn is definately the optimal play in this situation as c/c leaves you playing the guessing game on the river and just praying for showdown and c/f is obv way to weak

Folding in Poker