SB ($730)
BB ($1,450)
UTG ($3,730)
UTG+1 ($2,955)
Hero ($2,255)
CO ($1,170)
BTN ($1,210)

Dealt to Hero AQ

fold, UTG+1 calls $100, Hero raises to $400, fold, fold, SB calls $350, BB calls $300, fold,

FLOP ($1,300) 2J3

Blinds are 50/100 and we ahave a limper in front of us, I make a fairly large raise to either take the pot now or at least get rid of anyone wanting to see a cheap flop. I get 2 callers in the blinds.

Flop comes and I miss it completely, short stack pushes all in and BB calls, the pot is now at just under $2000. Do you fold or call here?

Number 2

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
NL Holdem $200(BB) Replayer
Hero ($2,975)
BB ($4,490)
BTN ($6,035)

Dealt to Hero 47

fold, Hero raises to $600, BB calls $400,

FLOP ($1,200) J56

This is about 3 hands after doubling up from this villian. Obviously preflop this is pure blind stealing. Post flop I have an OESD. Do you shove here or just check and fold to any bet

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Number 1: 2 overcards with only 2 back door ST8 draws isn't good enough to call off with against most likely TPTK.

Number 2: Fold preflop here. I think a few 'good' preflop folds from the SB when 3 handed makes some of your other steals harder for villains to defend against. As played I think ya have to shove with the 8 or so outs.

No Brainer

No Brainer

Losing keeps me sane
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you fold number one even with the 6 to 1 pot odds?

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do you fold number one even with the 6 to 1 pot odds?

Yes because the only card that helps you is a Q and you still have 2 more cards to come. What do you do if you call here, the turn is a blank or a spade and the BB now shoves on you? Still gonna call with just Ace high? In my mind this hand is not about the immediate odds but the implied odds. If you call the BB here you will have to call the BB if he shoves on the turn or river. Dropping this now still leaves you with M>10 and you should be able to find a better spot to chip up.

No Brainer

No Brainer

Losing keeps me sane
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yeh ok, thanks for pointing that out

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1. dont really like the raise here, id probably just limp in this spot, you have a marginal hand for a SNG, your not folding obv but i think the best play is limp, then fold the flop.. with a ahnd like aqs your looking to hit two pair, flush, striaght etc, i probably wouldnt go all in if i flopped just a pair here..

2. depends if there is an ante out, but i think its a fold he has well over 10 bb's and so do you so theres nothing you can do but fold.. his calling range usually opens up slightly as he is in the money now.

once you make the raise i think its a c-bet and probably call an all in, half your stack is in the middle and its likely he missed completely, you always have 8 outs even if he has a hand here. (unless he has flush draw obv) but once you bet the 600 you semi commiting yourself to this pot. you have a flop you can continue, id probably just bet out nearly full pot here.

but yeah considering stack sizes and blinds its a fold for sure preflop

C

CardDeath101

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hand 1 - Fold it you have 2 players one pushing all in , into the original raiser let the SB and the BB battle it out because as they are the blinds they may have called with any verity of hands.

Hand 2 - Just get rid of it pre flop its a terrible hand and gets you in trouble like in the hand you are demonstrating.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands