Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi,

What do you think about my play preflop and postflop ? what about bet sizing

Early in the tournament :

http://www.handconverter.com/hands/2761474

villian is a loose aggresive he opens and calls preflop, and he likes to come over the top and raise with top pairs in position or pocket pairs that are overpairs on the board like JJ on 259 board.

My reasoning:

Preflop: I want to get as much money as possible but in the meantime play hand only against 1 or 2 opponents. therefore I raise enough so that I could be against 99+ KQs AJo+, Is my bet sizing good ?

postflop , I'm only behind 99 QQ and AA that would call my bet preflop so I am likely to be ahead and get value from KQ AQ maybe AK TT JJ that think are good at this point.

I c-bet, villain calls,

Turn Q is not a card that i want to see.
and because before he was raising with top pair or an overpair, I decide to bet small, show weakness so he can try to bluff me since he is aggresive
and he does and I go over the top. and one problem is that, pot is that big that he has good odds to call my all in .

Thank you

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
check turn for the same reasons, never folding here just have to give him rope for the bottom end of his range to make mistakes. if he has the Q so be it, can't really get away considering the pot size and stack sizes remaining.

L

limakpl

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm out of position so I can't really control the pot , but when Q on the turn comes should i be willing to play as small pot as possible from that moment ?

On the turn better check-call or check-raise all in ? because I guess if he want to bet the turn with bottom of his range , he is likely to go all in on the river, right ? and check -raise have some fold equity, I could win the hand straight away winning only turn bet if he folds, if he has a queen I of course lose, but if i just check-call I am likely to win more from his bottom range.

so the better option would be check calling the turn and river am i right ?

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
check/call let him do the betting, at this point we're behind a decent chunk of his range, but with the reads you supplied, he will likely bet with all his other crap as well as a bluff or for thin value. Also since you think he will riase with TP type hands, it's less likely he actually has the Q, since there are now two of them out there, and the read you supplied. So there isn't much we have to fade on rivers, if we bet we put him in the situation where he is playing for his whole stack, and even bad players will know that, so he will fold his bottom of range stuff and only get it in with hands that are ahead of us, barring some straight draw or 9x.

J

joe777

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Your bet size would allow villain to set mining,i would raise 4bb all the time with KK.

BogdanStark

BogdanStark

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
check/call let him do the betting, at this point we're behind a decent chunk of his range, but with the reads you supplied, he will likely bet with all his other crap as well as a bluff or for thin value. Also since you think he will riase with TP type hands, it's less likely he actually has the Q, since there are now two of them out there, and the read you supplied. So there isn't much we have to fade on rivers, if we bet we put him in the situation where he is playing for his whole stack, and even bad players will know that, so he will fold his bottom of range stuff and only get it in with hands that are ahead of us, barring some straight draw or 9x.

I agree with Check-Call
but some times, check-call may cause huge raise our opponent. So I recommended in this personal situation bet 2-3bb with half of time bank, to make opponent think about strength of your hand.