MP2 (t1,500)
MP3 (t1,500)
CO (t1,500)

Hero's M: 50.00

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q
heart.gif
, Q
spade.gif

Hero raises to t60, 5 folds, Button raises to t100, SB raises to t400, 1 fold, Hero raises to t1,500 (All-In), 1 fold, SB calls t1,100 (All-In)

Flop: (t3,120) K
club.gif
, 3
club.gif
, K
spade.gif
(2 players, 2 all-in)

Turn: (t3,120) J
spade.gif
(2 players, 2 all-in)

River: (t3,120) 4
diamond.gif
(2 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: t3,120

horizon12

horizon12

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fold preflop against these action and unknown villain , SB 4bet look strong , vs range hands AA KK AKs JJ we have only 40% equity.
I do not see call in the pre flop because it will be difficult to play, when will continue to aggression villain, this one situation when more profitable to be in OOP.

Last edited:
H

hffjd2000

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually lost with this hand.

My opponents are usually a pair and AK. One of them wins. :(

T

thatgreekdude

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
strong 4bet, someone still to act behind, have to fold we've only commited 3BB's to this pot and we're probably going to get way better spots than this.

B

byrnsiey330

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Flat. Early in a tournament, with deep stacks, the button reraise is probably pretty wide and we can expect him to fold, if he comes back over the top then get out of the hand. You'll have position throughout the hand on the SB. Don't shove QQ because it shouldn't be in your 5-bet range, and you're only going to get called by hands that are better. (I don't think anyone is going to call with 22-TT this early in the tournament) Flat, and then see what happens on the flop. I don't like folding QQ, especially in position.

BTW at this point you are betting 340 into a pot that contains around 600, giving you almost 2 to 1 on calling. Call and re-evaluate on the flop.

didem95

didem95

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is this a hypothetical scenario? Why can't we see what SB had?

B

byrnsiey330

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is this a hypothetical scenario? Why can't we see what SB had?

These forums aren't meant to be results oriented. Just want people to think it through and make good decisions based on what's in front of them, not to see the results.

didem95

didem95

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I understand, but I was mostly trying to ask about this layout that people use. I thought it was copy+pasted from a hand history, but I started to think maybe people write them by hand when I saw this with the result missing. Also I don't know what M or t means so I thought maybe I was just not seeing something. Was the result part intentially left out? Is that the proper etiquette here?

skrsh76

skrsh76

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I understand, but I was mostly trying to ask about this layout that people use. I thought it was copy+pasted from a hand history, but I started to think maybe people write them by hand when I saw this with the result missing. Also I don't know what M or t means so I thought maybe I was just not seeing something. Was the result part intentially left out? Is that the proper etiquette here?

Yes results were intentionally omitted and it was a real hand which I was involved in. I wanted to get feedback on what others would have done. I will post the results tomorrow but it is very interesting to get various views on this.

byrnsiey330 said:
Flat. Early in a tournament, with deep stacks

I thought about this but I still won't know where I am unless I hit a Q for which I don't have the pot odds.

I din't put too much value on the min raise 3 bet, which I would have called if not for the 4 bet.

4 bet was significant , which is the reason I thought it was a fold or shove scenario. Only question is which is more appropriate

WeenieSVK

WeenieSVK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What is the blinds structure? Its turbo or regular tournament? How big is field of players?

This one would be hard for me. Its first hand, He could be one of those donks :) but since he made just reraise and not shove I would give him some extra credit. But if its hyperturbo or turbo I shove, If its regular speed I would probably fold and wait for better spots. Call isnt option here in my opinion.

Arjonius

Arjonius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fold. What is SB's likely range for his OOP 4bet, and how does QQ fare against it? You'd have to be at least somewhat optimistic to think you're ahead of that range, and even then, it won't be by much.

Flatting isn't worth much consideration. Basically, you'd be calling over 1/4 of your stack to set mine. Even if there's no A or K on the flop, AA and KK make up a good portion of SB's range, so while those boards aren't as dangerous, you're not necessarily ahead.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Fold to the 4-bet....it might be some lunatic doing this with AQ+ , 1010+ but without any history I would consider this most likely being AA or KK.
Take the loss of 60 chips and don't think of what could have been.

If you have any kind of history with this player the shove might be correct, but since you don't mention anything of a history I'd say fold and move on with a healthy stack.

skrsh76

skrsh76

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for a feedback guys.. It was AA and I didn't improve :(

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In reality the SB 4B here is very strong and it's probably a fold given we're opening UTG and we get a 3B he is rarely going to be 4betting UTG opens light.

That said hough given the buy in, I just shove and prey. Reason, we're not at the standard 3000 chip start stack and only 1500 so we can justify it a bit more even though we're still over 100bb deep. It also wouldn't be the first time or last time I see people show up with worse pairs or some random hands early in tournament. It's one of those spots where the fish love to gamble early on and we do hold QQ! Usually in these spots though, I'd try check to see if the 4B player is a reg or fish, if he's a fish I'm jamming and if it's a reg he nearly always has KK+ AK+ given the postions and early stages. I just struggle to fold QQ in micro tournaments and don't blame you for shoving it in his face.

D

DonkeyH3AD

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I probably would fold it with QQ... if it would be KK definitly all in as You said it is first hand so don't gamble with 3rd position of nuts try to wait better spot as someone up said. if You asking me good/bad/ugly it is in my opinion +bad.

DonV73

DonV73

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would not risk my tourney life by going all in preflop on the first hand. Whatever the hand. Also you are playing multi way with QQ which is not really what you want ideally, imo.

Further more, you raise UTG, which is strong. Then the SB reraises the BTN's reraise, which usually means the SB has a very very strong hand (remember he is OOP). And if you dont even have much info on your opponents, is even more reason to fold.

Just my 2 little cents :) hope it helps.

X at Tripaces

X at Tripaces

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Unless i have AA, im not shoving/calling all in pre first hand of anything. You have plenty of time to build your stack.. and the way online play tends to be... theres always people looking to suck out early.. I flat.. and have an easy fold to any over, unless i flop a set.

gattusoleon

gattusoleon

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
C-CBET IN THE FLOP WITH RESISTENCE OR PUSH CHECH RAISE

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is one of those spots where all-in looks weaker than a raise.

If he went all in...I'd have to consider calling.

But his 400 raise into 2 raising players was SO much stronger than all in that it seems highly unlikely that he doesn't have QQ beat.

This is also another situation where the type of tourney matters. Freeroll? I just can't fold even if I think I might be beat.

Live, I don't even consider calling even if the sb goes all in (which looks weaker to me).

online...ranges tend to be a bit wider and it's not uncommon for people to play AK like the nuts, so I'm more inclined to call an all in online than live but in both scenarios I'm probably folding to the 400 raise.

suby_rafael

suby_rafael

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Snap fold

The only time i am shoving here is if this was a hyper turbo where blinds increase every 1 or 2 minutes. Or else i think it is a fold here because it is so early in the tournament. Action before us is too strong to risk our stack here. Wait and live to play another hand. I used to do this early on but after loosing a fair bit of times in such spot i realized it's best to fold.

This might be your reaction if you called :banghead:

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands