$3.30 NL HE MTT: Lots of action pre flop, fold or call?

ammje

ammje

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Game
Hold'em
Game Format
No Limit
Table Format
MTT
Buy-in
Currency
$
Hello friends, what do you think about this hand? I OR with QQ, I received a 3bet, then a squeeze.
At those levels there are many crazy players, that's why I decided to call, but I think it was a fold, what do you think?

dallam

dallam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it's important to hit games which are in our bankroll, or get there to them by safely becuase of outcomes like this. For me it's a triple-up or making a rebuy situation. Without notes and this early stage of a bounty MTT it's impossible to put them only stronger cards, and even tho it's probably going to be a 3-way all-in, you just would have great odds to moving on and keep hunting and playing with an early solid stack.

Obviously I could mention some mixing of combinations which you might dominate, they could easily block each other, or one has a smaller pocket one the other an AK type of hand. Maybe even some low suited hands. It's a micro game, so we need notes. But if we don't have proper notes, and found ourselves in a spot like this, I favour to run it, and if we're out we can make an early rebuy.

kunkgreen

kunkgreen

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
In this case I believe it is a pure call...
without information from the table, we don't have much to evaluate except the fact that we are losing to just a few restricted combos pre-flop.

We should have 100% folding with AKo for example in this situation (70bb+ in addition to how the pre-flop went), including folding JJ with some frequency as well.

As the blinds increase (and our stack decreases) we can include some more edge combos.

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think a cold 4 bet jam in a bounty game is loose. In a standard game you might see it from some crazies but not here, or at least not that often. Plus, unless we only think SB is squeezing (which is 5x btw and it is still being jammed over) then we have to go against them as well. Im definitely going with KK here and folding JJ here. QQ is in the middle so I think it can be an either way but with the cold 4, I am folding. 80 BBs isnt ridiculous to go all in with Queens but I dont think this is what we want to see after us as far as action and still feel like we are ahead.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its important to note, that this is PKO, and its the "saturday special", where the bounty is 75% rather than 50%. However you dont cover either opponent, so you cant win their bountys. And for that reason I probably fold, unless BB is a known maniac.

rastafario11

rastafario11

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I agree with playing with your bankroll,. And un the case your confortable ... it's calmly all in, as you say there are many crazy players. a lot of extreme bluffers

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
It's too deep to call against such super-strong actions from two players. You also have very little invested which makes it an easy fold.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
In 'that' game I'd lean towards a call.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello friends, what do you think about this hand? I OR with QQ, I received a 3bet, then a squeeze.
At those levels there are many crazy players, that's why I decided to call, but I think it was a fold, what do you think?

Calling means we are trying to see a favorable flop but if called behind us what is a clean flop? Therefore we are turning QQ into a set mine hand- not the best play at this stack depth- This deep small 4 bet fold to a shove is the more superior play vs standard V who play face up to 4 bets.

Wow I just opened GTO Wizard -free- after I typed the above response to double check the GTO play 100% raise no calls but GTO jams the QQ at 80bb o_O:devilish:
89% freq Jam- VS SB 9% of range raise

GTO expects the SB to call off 88-99 20% freq TT JJ AKO AKS 100% as our value targets - If the V call off wider it is a great shove

if they only squeeze top of range then 4 bet fold exploit is the superior play- It is very uncommon for the range to be that tight though vs HJ open

:unsure::geek:

bullkk

bullkk

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you don't know what to do, then the call is definitely

ammje

ammje

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thank you folks, I have read your comments, and I have received good advice. :cool:(y)
I think it's important to hit games which are in our bankroll, or get there to them by safely becuase of outcomes like this. For me it's a triple-up or making a rebuy situation. Without notes and this early stage of a bounty MTT it's impossible to put them only stronger cards, and even tho it's probably going to be a 3-way all-in, you just would have great odds to moving on and keep hunting and playing with an early solid stack.

Obviously I could mention some mixing of combinations which you might dominate, they could easily block each other, or one has a smaller pocket one the other an AK type of hand. Maybe even some low suited hands. It's a micro game, so we need notes. But if we don't have proper notes, and found ourselves in a spot like this, I favour to run it, and if we're out we can make an early rebuy.

In this case I believe it is a pure call...
without information from the table, we don't have much to evaluate except the fact that we are losing to just a few restricted combos pre-flop.

We should have 100% folding with AKo for example in this situation (70bb+ in addition to how the pre-flop went), including folding JJ with some frequency as well.

As the blinds increase (and our stack decreases) we can include some more edge combos.

I don't think a cold 4 bet jam in a bounty game is loose. In a standard game you might see it from some crazies but not here, or at least not that often. Plus, unless we only think SB is squeezing (which is 5x btw and it is still being jammed over) then we have to go against them as well. Im definitely going with KK here and folding JJ here. QQ is in the middle so I think it can be an either way but with the cold 4, I am folding. 80 BBs isnt ridiculous to go all in with Queens but I dont think this is what we want to see after us as far as action and still feel like we are ahead.

Its important to note, that this is PKO, and its the "saturday special", where the bounty is 75% rather than 50%. However you dont cover either opponent, so you cant win their bountys. And for that reason I probably fold, unless BB is a known maniac.

I agree with playing with your bankroll,. And un the case your confortable ... it's calmly all in, as you say there are many crazy players. a lot of extreme bluffers

It's too deep to call against such super-strong actions from two players. You also have very little invested which makes it an easy fold.

Calling means we are trying to see a favorable flop but if called behind us what is a clean flop? Therefore we are turning QQ into a set mine hand- not the best play at this stack depth- This deep small 4 bet fold to a shove is the more superior play vs standard V who play face up to 4 bets.

Wow I just opened GTO Wizard -free- after I typed the above response to double check the GTO play 100% raise no calls but GTO jams the QQ at 80bb o_O:devilish:
89% freq Jam- VS SB 9% of range raise

GTO expects the SB to call off 88-99 20% freq TT JJ AKO AKS 100% as our value targets - If the V call off wider it is a great shove

if they only squeeze top of range then 4 bet fold exploit is the superior play- It is very uncommon for the range to be that tight though vs HJ open

:unsure::geek:

If you don't know what to do, then the call is definitely

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not quite sure what you mean by "that game"? If SB had jammed for 708 chips, it would be a normal spot for BB to isolate somewhat light to try and win his bounty. But in this hand SB basically had the starting stack and can certainly fold to a cold 4-bet jam. And for that reason I dont think, we can assume, that cold 4-bet jam for 80 bigs is much lighter, than it would be without bounties. Is this ever TT-JJ or AQ? I would kind of question that. And then we are only ahead of AK and not getting a very good price, when we can not win BBs bounty. And of course SB will sometimes also have AA or KK, as in fact he did this time.

Folding in Poker