What is your action?

• Total voters
vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So, Van, was this just a made up situation, or did this hand really happen?

Or is it another of those everyone ahead of you goes all in first hand WSOP, your in the bb with AA what will you do theoretical questions?

What happens next, and will we need to learn to spell that guys name right?

Actually, this situation happened to a friend of mine. He was dealt A2s, flopped a straight flush, was bet, raised, got reraised, and folded, and his opponent showed the high end of the straight flush with 65s. I don't know how he ever made that laydown, or if it was even the right play, but I wanted to see if anyone here would ever consider folding a straight flush (besides me :p).

I

IVEverLow

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Actually, this situation happened to a friend of mine. He was dealt A2s, flopped a straight flush, was bet, raised, got reraised, and folded, and his opponent showed the high end of the straight flush with 65s.
I'm assuming you meant 67s?

I

intlplaya

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Make the call

You have to call, how can you lay down the hand. He may be bluffing or
trying to intimidate you to fold, just because he is Phil Ivey.

I say call and hope for the best. In poker there is an element of
luck, if you are you are scared to make calls you won't last anyway.

A

alan1983

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Your friends story is pretty sick. I dont think i ever lay it down if theres only three cards to straight flush on board.

As for the hand in question, i dont think the call is that easy.

Villain checks flop. He either didnt hit and wants to get out cheap or is trapping. He then reraises all-in on turn. He went from checking flop to putting half his stack in on a very dangerous board. He can easily have AhKx, flop straight +nutflush, and made his royal.

I mean those who are saying its an easy call are counting on Ivey making this play with what? No hearts at all? And if a heart, which one? And if Ivey doesnt have a heart, does he think were doing taht without one? What heart does he think we have?

I dunno if i fold but its not easy at all. Actually id decide on folding but dunno if id actually do it :D

WSOP