$25 NLHE STT: $25c NLHE STT: what would be the best play here

R

rrph3rtbkr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
pokerstars Hand #122359791043: Tournament #983668418, $0.23+$0.02 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level IV (50/100) - 2014/10/01 22:36:46 IST [2014/10/01 13:06:46 ET]
Table '983668418 4' 9-max Seat #2 is the button
Seat 1: rrp{h3rtbkr} (2250 in chips)
Seat 2: Gregory_2804 (2070 in chips)
Seat 4: temafey (2012 in chips)
Seat 5: v4lture (710 in chips)
Seat 6: aandron (2448 in chips)
Seat 7: andresa78 (2414 in chips)
Seat 8: kawaklaus (1945 in chips)
Seat 9: grah1549 (1115 in chips)
temafey: posts small blind 50
v4lture: posts big blind 100
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to rrp{h3rtbkr} [8s 8d]
aandron: folds
andresa78: raises 100 to 200
kawaklaus: folds
grah1549: folds
rrp{h3rtbkr}: calls 200
Gregory_2804: folds
temafey: folds
v4lture: folds
*** FLOP *** [Qs 6d Jc]
andresa78: checks
rrp{h3rtbkr}: bets 330
andresa78: calls 330
*** TURN *** [Qs 6d Jc] A♦
andresa78: checks
rrp{h3rtbkr}: checks
*** RIVER *** [Qs 6d Jc Ad] 8♣
andresa78: bets 350
rrp{h3rtbkr}: raises 450 to 800
andresa78: raises 1084 to 1884 and is all-in
rrp{h3rtbkr}: calls 920 and is all-in
Uncalled bet (164) returned to andresa78
*** SHOW DOWN ***
andresa78: shows [Qh Qc] (three of a kind, Queens)
rrp{h3rtbkr}: shows [8s 8d] (three of a kind, Eights)
andresa78 collected 4650 from pot
rrp{h3rtbkr} finished the tournament in 43rd place
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 4650 | Rake 0
Board [Qs 6d Jc Ad 8c]
Seat 1: rrp{h3rtbkr} showed [8s 8d] and lost with three of a kind, Eights
Seat 2: Gregory_2804 (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 4: temafey (small blind) folded before Flop
Seat 5: v4lture (big blind) folded before Flop
Seat 6: aandron folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 7: andresa78 showed [Qh Qc] and won (4650) with three of a kind, Queens
Seat 8: kawaklaus folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 9: grah1549 folded before Flop (didn't bet)

this is a hand from pokerstars where i was playing 25c sng 90 man tourney .
blind level was 50/100 and i was having around 22 big blind and i was in cut off position one player raised from early position with 2x and i called his bet ,i dont have a big pair that i can raise him , i shouldnot have played this hand in other position ,and the flop came Q6J and he checked and i bet a lit bit more than half the pot , first i thought if he raise preflop and now checking on flop ,he must have some thing A10 or K10 and now he his in for draw, i was also thinking like if he check raise me here , i would probably laid down the hand ,and the turn card was A ,and he checked ,me again and i check and turn card was an 8 which gave me a set and he bet 350 and i missed this one , i should have noted this one he actually gave me odds to call and he was giving me a bait and i ate it ...

horizon12

horizon12

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The reasoning about hand right.. About what no need 3bet in preflop, middle pairs always hard play in postflop when in flop have overcards and our size stack
not suitable..
About cbet 50% pot it enough , what villain fold if he have nothing ( but if this lag only check)
About river only high set and straight beat our hand, ( not so often there will be those hands) , 3bet for value its fine and when villain shove this easy call, pot already so big...So we can say that it is cooler..

And the most important question when you have to do only call in river , i think when villain reg ( i know in this limit not many but they have) but still we are missing a lot value if only call , because stack only 20bb , and i sure it was profitable all in...

suby_rafael

suby_rafael

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You need to simply check the flop as there are two over cards to your pair on the board. If the villain bets simply fold.

If villain checks behind then check the turn again and there is a good chance that after checking the flop villain will look to extract value here most times. So you still get out cheap. :rolleyes:

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
preflop: you can flat, fold or jam. all are OK. I'll mix it up with that stack size in late position. If they are loose I'll jam. If they are tight I'll fold. If they are straightforward/passive I'll flat in position and try to take it away post flop if I can.

Flop: I'll usually just give up on a flop with 2 overs like this. he has the lead. he could be trapping or planning to check call with a draw or middle pair. He could be pot controlling....either way you're facing 2 overs and he did raise in early position. I'll usually opt to keep the pot small and hope to bink an 8.

Turn: obviously now we are checking behind....I would have folded to a min bet on this turn, but he gave us a free card and we happily take it.

River: That's a bummer. Of course you have to get your stack in on this river. He slow played you, so you really can't put him on a set. You beat basically everything he would normally be shoving with here. Often times he'll have hands like AJ and think he's good. It's just a bummer that he slow played and then you binked a very strong hand yourself.

R

rrph3rtbkr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
firstly i guess , i shouldnot have played this hand anyway ,it was a bad move ,if i choose to play ,i should have raised him ,calling there was a bad move preflop
secondly i overbet him on the flop when he check me ,he must have thought m trying to represent something which i dont have as i was playing very tight ,and i would have definately raise preflop ,he must have know m missed the flop.betting exactly half the pot would have been good.
thirdly when i hit my set i should have shove instead of raising there as i was pot committed now and i will call if he re raise me
so finally playing the hand badly from the start cost me the tourney ,i will keep all this factor next time i play them
thanks guyz for ur input i learn also how u should play differently this hand