$20 NLHE Rebuy: $$20 NLHE Rebuy: Live $20 rebuy hand flopped trips

BrentD22

BrentD22

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$20 NL HE Rebuy: $$20 NL HE Rebuy: Live $20 rebuy hand flopped trips

OK this is a game that has a lot of fish in it, but this villan is not one of them.

Effective stks where somewhere around 30bb's and that was the villan I had approx. 50bb's. Rebuy period has ended. 1st place is now paying $850 2nd place $390 3rd place $190 and thats it. There are 6 players left. Everyone has min. 20bb's at table at this point.

The HJ limps, the btn calls, I call from the sb, and the villan in the hand the bb checks. My hand is 6d3h

The flop comes Qc 3d 3c (pot 4bb's)

sb: checks
bb: bets 4bb's
hj: folds
btn: folds
sb hero: ?

Also give what your plan is.

If you raise and he stks off?
Do you flat and then lead turn or c/r turn and why?
Should you make an attempt at stking villan now hoping villan puts you on flush draw, although you know he's almost never calling with KQ or worst and only sometimes calling with AQ or better?
What other options do I have?
Which one seems best in your opinion?

I really hope to get some various responses with well thought out plans.

Last edited:
c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fold pre. I also lead the flop.
I really hope to get some various responses with well thought out plans.
Okay....

Reason why folding pre is a well thought out plan: 63o sucks. It sucks more when stacks are shallow. And it sucks the most when you've got the worst position in the hand.

TheKAAHK

TheKAAHK

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
c9 is right about just folding hands like 63off in the sb, but since you already were in the hand....

1) If you raise and he stks off, he may have AQ or better (the only better being KK, AA, QQ, A3) With A 3 being the more probable since there was no pf raise brom the bb. So at this point you're only behind two made hands, (QQ, A3) and only slightly ahead of Ax, Kx clubs. Raising in this sopt will give you a clearer idea of what your opp has, and may save you chips down the road, depending, of course, on the raise amount. Does your opponent like to bet strong with nut hands? If yes, then be wary, if no, then he may be trying to pick up the pot right then and there with a hand like KQ. Or maybe he has another random 3x.

2) Flatting the flop with the intention of leading the turn imo is a double edged sword. It may save you ass if you are crushed already, but if another club comes on the turn, you may be betting into the made flush. If he already has a made boat you're toast, and if he has another 3x hand, then your raise/lead may just push him off it. If the turn is a random that dosn't pair the board, your raise/lead might not work out so well, as you opp might be assured he is ahead and will let you take over the betting just giving him chips. Personally imo this is the most cautious line (aside from folding the flop) but it may also serve to lose you a large pot if your range read is wrong.

3) Stacking now is a very strong line to take. Either he was trying to buy the pot with Qx, in which case you will take the pot but lose bets on later streets. Or he has the near nuts and will go with it taking your stack. This would be more read dependant so I won't speculate further.

4) Your other option is to just fold, wait for better cards in better positions.

Personally, I would have led out on the flop. double suited flops are dangerous to sets, and you may have been able to take it down right then and there. If called or raised, you would have more of an understanding of your opp's ranges of hands and what thay're willing to do with them according to that flop. I would have led out, called a reasonable raise (or depending on the villian, re-popped it) and led out again on the turn. You are most likely ahead right now, but two more cards to come could only hurt your hand, not improve it (except the 6). Stacking off should only be the preffered line if you are very sure of your reads on your opponents. I wouldn't put it in till the turn (If I were going to) and only if there was no club or ace.

Long, but I hope it helps. How did it turn out?

I figure villian for 3x where x is better than 6.

BrentD22

BrentD22

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm getting 6-1 on a call pre-flop and the HJ and btn are huge fish, yes the bb is solid, but I'm just not folding getting 6-1. If I fold getting those odds in this game I need good reason. Most of these players are donkies. Of course the 1 other solid player is to my left.

I played flop c/r the bb who bet out with either flush draw or Q either way I wanted to induce a bluff or get value from worst. BB decided to shove all-in. I tanked for a while thinking there's no way he'd check his option in the bb with QQ. I also know this player to play draws extremely aggressive. I felt he didn't have another 3 often enough and I couldn't lay the hand down. I called and he showed K3. 6 ball corner pocket game over big suck-out.

Anyway... when I tanked I continued telling myself he probably has a 3 and I'm almost dead. I just didn't listen to my inner ESP. Of course after counting all the possible combos of all the possible hands he cold have I had no choice, but to call. Good thing there where plenty of 6's left!

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
but I'm just not folding getting 6-1
Good, gotta keep the games full of fish somehow...

You know, the first piece of advice the two people who posted before you said was "fold preflop". And yet somehow you think we're messing with you or something.

S

salex77

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can see why you thought you had odds to play 63 but generally I would not call there! I also would have led intothe flopand made a bet with the set to see where your opponent is in the hand and to deduce what he range of hands he could be on!

BrentD22

BrentD22

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good, gotta keep the games full of fish somehow...

You know, the first piece of advice the two people who posted before you said was "fold preflop". And yet somehow you think we're messing with you or something.

Sir I am no fish. I looked up your stats to see if I should take you seriously and you've only played 6 tournaments online between PStars & FTP over the past 360 days with $141 in losses and no ITM finishes. Matter a fact I'm having a difficult time find any results from your play either in cash or tournaments? Where do you normally play? Why exactly should I listen to anything you say?

Over this past 360 calendar days I have a ROI% of 26% in MTT's, a very small loser in SNG's (didn't play many online), and and ROI% of 8% in HU SNG's. I don't play a ton of volume online with most of my play being in live MTT's. This year alone I have a cash for $4300 in a 2 day event, and multiple other $800+ cashes in other smaller events this year.

I always felt cards chat was a great alternative to 2+2 because there wasn't so many people throwing around insults.

I by no means am saying completeing in the sb with ATC is proper at all. In this game however I am more apt to play ATC in various situations. This player pool is the type that if I flop 2 pair or better they are never folding top pair no matter how much. On the flip side it's also the type of players that won't call any bet unless they have top pair or better and of course they chase their draws no matter their odds. In this player pool I personally feel I can play ATC completeing in the sb if I'm getting 4-1 or better (even though I'm probably a bigger dog). I will also raise with 60% of my range from the hj and btn in this game profitably as well.

That all being said how would you play this hand once you've flopped trips OOP?

Last edited:
c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sir I am no fish. I looked up your stats...
Good to know these things can always be settled with an e-penis style argument. I also noticed you didn't look up the stats of the other two posters who told you to fold pre.

Also, you didn't manage to rationalize how even though you're getting ~60:1 implied odds, you only flop two pair or better about 2% of the time, or 50:1. You have to win a stack whenever you flop two pair almost every time you hit. Not to mention that you have to win a stack in a limped pot, where players will generally require higher hand standards to stack off and its difficult to get all the money in because the pot is so small.

And you say that you can easily bluff these players because they're loose preflop & tight postflop, but you didn't really go into detail on how you were going to bluff 3 players off their hands while being in the worst possible position for the whole hand. I'm pretty interested in hearing that strategy.

That all being said how would you play this hand once you've flopped trips OOP?
Good to see reading comprehension is also one of your top skills..... but the 2nd sentence in response to your post read something like this:

I also lead the flop.

And if you really must know where my advice is coming from, I've played poker for about 3 years. I've played mostly cash games, because tournaments are really inconvenient. I played NLHE up to 50c/$1, mostly 200bb's deep 6-max on Ultimate Bet. My lifetime win rate is ~2bb/100 at 100NL, and I was mostly a rakeback whore. I switched to being primarily a mixed games player for the past year.

I'm not a good tournament player, so I try to keep my advice to things that are obvious, or that I can compute with calculations. And its so obvious that completing 63o in the small blind is bad, that everyone in this thread, except you, can see it.

BrentD22

BrentD22

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I only asked you "why exactly should I listen to you anything you say?" I made no insults. I only replied in that fashion because I found it insulting for you to decide that I am a fish from 1 post. Typically I respect a player with decent stats especially if they are break-even or better with a ton of volume. At least they've been in situations in touraments.

Again I fully admit that 63o is a BAD hand and that I would need to play for stks if I hit 2pr+ which I did play for stks and sucked out (hehehe).

I never asked should I have completed in the sb?

I play a very odd pre-flop game, very different than the avg. person. Live I would estimate my HUD stats as 33/25 which yes is very loose and fishy, but in these soft games where people need top 10% hand to play back it's very profitable for me to play this way. Online however I'm more like 24/15.

Organize a Home Poker Game Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands