$2 PLO8 MTT Rebuy: What was he doing - I thought I was a gonna but had to call!!!

Ronaldadio

Ronaldadio

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
#Game No : 10553431016
***** Hand History for Game 10553431016 *****
PL Omaha Hi-Lo $2 USD Buy-in Trny: 61342011 Level: 7 Blinds(100/200) - Friday, June 10, 04:48:16 EDT 2011
Table Rebuy (2260380) Table #2 (real money)
Seat 5 is the button
Total number of players : 9/10
Seat 1: Babyboybr87 ( 16,648 )
Seat 5: Kostugrlu73 ( 36,290 )
Seat 4: Ronaldadio ( 13,170 )
Seat 3: SerjioAA ( 8,437 )
Seat 7: ZeeBeeKak ( 17,465 )
Seat 6: huetti123 ( 9,275 )
Seat 10: ipapado26 ( 8,155 )
Seat 2: redleaf30 ( 11,320 )
Seat 8: saratoyah7 ( 2,415 )
Trny: 61342011 Level: 7
Blinds(100/200)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to Ronaldadio [ Kc Ac 6h 2s ]
saratoyah7 folds
ipapado26 calls [200]
Babyboybr87 calls [200]
redleaf30 raises [600]
SerjioAA calls [600]
Ronaldadio calls [600]
Kostugrlu73 folds
huetti123 folds
ZeeBeeKak calls [400]
ipapado26 calls [400]
Babyboybr87 folds
** Dealing Flop ** [ 4h, Jh, 8s ]
ZeeBeeKak checks
ipapado26 checks
redleaf30 bets [600]
SerjioAA calls [600]
Ronaldadio calls [600]
ZeeBeeKak calls [600]
ipapado26 calls [600]
** Dealing Turn ** [ Qh ]
ZeeBeeKak checks
ipapado26 checks
redleaf30 checks
SerjioAA checks
Ronaldadio bets [3,150]
ZeeBeeKak folds
ipapado26 folds
redleaf30 folds
SerjioAA is all-In [7,237]
Ronaldadio calls [4,087]
** Dealing River ** [ 7c ]
Ronaldadio shows [ Kc, Ac, 6h, 2s ]high card Ace.
Ronaldadio shows8,7,4,2,A for low.
SerjioAA shows [ 8d, Ah, 3d, 5d ]a pair of Eights.
SerjioAA shows8,7,4,3,A for low.
SerjioAA wins 10,387 chips from the main pot with a pair of Eights.
Ronaldadio wins Lo (10,387 chips) from the main pot with 8,7,4,2,A.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My PLO8 game isn't great (and I can't work out WTF position we're in from the hand history - are we CO?) but can't we just get away on the flop when we've got nothing but a low draw and therefore will never be playing for more than half the pot? Given people like A2xx hands so much there's a good chance we're actually drawing to get quartered.

Ronaldadio

Ronaldadio

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was next to the button, and in this case, last to act.
Basically, I make a move when the possible flush hits. Now taking into account when playing PLO8, when the 3 hearts hit u either have a flush or u don`t - so u r not drawing to a flush.
This guy reraised with nothing more than pair 8`s and 2nd nut lo.
I just thought it was the worst play I`ve seen in a long while by him - I was never going to fold.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
...but you were drawing at best for half the pot on the flop. My point is maybe we shouldn't have even been around to care what happens on the turn.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why not just check and take the free card?

Ronaldadio

Ronaldadio

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
U r allowed to bluff in O8 ;)

My point is, I bluff the flush, get pushed all in - I`m pot committed, the guy bets like he has the nuts, but in face he had ziltch, diddley squat

O

only_bridge

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
U should try the NLO8 re-buys instead, much easier. Just wait for a good hand, push all-in, and re-buy if needed.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
U r allowed to bluff in O8 ;)

My point is, I bluff the flush, get pushed all in - I`m pot committed, the guy bets like he has the nuts, but in face he had ziltch, diddley squat

I'm allowed to eat 17 tubs of ice cream. Doesn't mean it's a good idea.

Before you bet you're only a 27% chance to take half the pot and even that's only if nobody else has A2xx. Once you've bet and villain has raised less than half your stack is in and you've still got about 18BB behind - I wouldn't call that pot committed.

As to whether we're getting good odds to call once you've bluffed and villain has pushed it's probably marginal in terms of chipEV. 27% of the time we'll hit our low and claim up to half the pot. 9% of the time we'll bink a ten to make Broadway, but that won't be good the times we're up against a made flush. So if we're never quartered and our straight outs are good it's probably OK to call but how often is that really the case? As soon as our straight outs are dead it becomes marginally -chipEV to call and that goes even further downhill if we open ourselves to the possibility of getting quartered when we make our low.

I'm with WiZ, as played just check behind on the turn, take the free card and conserve your chips. The fact that with hindsight we know villain had nothing means absolutely nothing - unless all you want to do is complain, in which case this should be in brags and beats instead of hand analysis.

Ronaldadio

Ronaldadio

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don`t want to complain.
I`m trying to look at hands and think `why`
I agree that I didnt have much myself other than the nut low draw and a few other outs. However, I was the person who bet (You need a better hand to call a raise than to raise) then the guy reraises with less than I had.
So what are we saying "Don`t bluff in PLO8"
This guy had shown little or no taste for trying to bluff and he was playing tight. He was also on a regular basis chasing the low. I had decided that if I pushed and he called I would have to call - still had outs.
But thanks for your comments.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No, we're saying don't make bad bluffs that only have a small chance of working, no matter what game you're playing.

You're bluffing half the size of the pot into four players. Since they all paid more money on the flop there's a very good chance at least one of them has the flush (the only hand we can really represent) and won't be getting away, even if they're only holding a small or medium flush. Hell, we might not even be able to shake a set on the turn - and that's just the high hands. There are also hands with low draws and a weak made high (like villain's hand in this spot) that are likely to hang around. They can be calling hoping for half the pot without even knowing they're ahead of you for high as well.

Bluffing is an important part of every game but you have to choose your spots right. I don't think this was even close to a right spot.