J

jaded848

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$2 NL HE STT Turbo: Late game AJo UTG I get 3-betted by big stack in SB

Villian Stats (VPIP/PFR/AF): 50/31/57

From my Poker Tracker Stats, the villain appears to be pretty LAGgy. Only thing is, his 3-bet percentage was 0. Still, at 50/31, I was torn on what to do. The question here is really shove or fold. What do you all think??

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, 2.25 Tournament, 60/120 Blinds (6 handed) - Full-Tilt Hand Converter from HandHistoryConverter.com
Hero (UTG) (t2400)
MP (t2285)
CO (t1230)
Button (t2140)
SB (t3585)
BB (t1860)
Hero's M: 13.33
Preflop: Hero is UTG with J
spade.gif
, A
diamond.gif

Hero bets t360, 3 folds, SB raises to t600, 1 folds
Hero ?????

T

TopDonk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
how many hands were these stats over?

I mean he has just CIB to an UTG raiser, some retards will try this from time to time and his stats suggest he is pretty bad. But how many hands do u have on hime i.e is it a meaningful sample.

What range do you put hime on?
Has he showed down/played any weird hands up until now?
What is your image like?
Have you shown dwn anything weird/spazzy/spewy?

These are all things you need to ask yourself (and more) in situations like this not just , I have XX do i call, raise, fold...

TD

J

jaded848

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
how many hands were these stats over?

I mean he has just CIB to an UTG raiser, some retards will try this from time to time and his stats suggest he is pretty bad. But how many hands do u have on hime i.e is it a meaningful sample.

What range do you put hime on?
Has he showed down/played any weird hands up until now?
What is your image like?
Have you shown dwn anything weird/spazzy/spewy?

These are all things you need to ask yourself (and more) in situations like this not just , I have XX do i call, raise, fold...

TD

This is over 32 hands. The only info I have is that he shoved over a raise and a re-raise preflop once before holding 88. I understand the importance of all the information you mentioned but I have been told numerous times before that when it comes to $2 SnGs, oftentimes players don't even pay attention to your table image. BUT if you would like to know, I was tight (13/6) over 32 hands. I put him on a pocket pair but was unsure of A) whether it was worth the coin-flip and B) whether he might actually have AQ or AK and have me dominated. I ended up folding the hand so I can't tell you what he actually had...

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You shouldnt read too much into stats it's only over 30 hands.. In these micros, i get kind of worried by min raises like this one, so i feel like his range here is heavily weighted toward monsters. We obvisouly do not have a solid read on the guy, so i give him credit and fold. Aj isn't strong enough against his range.

I repeat, do not weigh to much into stats on PT3 over 30 hands, these are pretty meaningless actually.

Hogger

Hogger

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You shouldnt read too much into stats it's only over 30 hands.. In these micros, i get kind of worried by min raises like this one, so i feel like his range here is heavily weighted toward monsters. We obvisouly do not have a solid read on the guy, so i give him credit and fold. Aj isn't strong enough against his range.

+1

Also, I'd consider raising a little less (2.5x) once the blinds get this high. You get just as many folds and you lose less when you have to fold to a re-raise.

J

jaded848

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
After how many hands can I start "trusting" the PT stats? I am still completely baffled as to how players can put other players on ranges in these games if they are multi-tabling and using a HUD...

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer to trust my own reads, rather than looking at numbers, They are handy when your playing load of tables, but again, i glance at them to confirm reads i have already.

But as a rought guess, something like 200+ hands, i dont know really. Id be more concerned with getting your late stage game down, then the multitabling/reads will come later, just keep playing and playing, it will come eventually.

T

TopDonk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
wizzim is pretty much spot on here, I start top think about them 100+ hands but would never really depend on them untill 200+ in the same type of game

Top 10 Games