$2 NLHE STT Turbo: AQ in SB after UTG raise. Clear fold?

J

jaded848

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$2 NL HE STT Turbo: AQ in SB after UTG raise. Clear fold?

Villian Stats (VPIP/PFR/AF): 10/10/50

No reads on villain. I played this pretty badly because I wasn't paying attention, but I just wanted to check w/ the boards- this is an obvious fold correct? AQ not worth the risk here? Furthermore, as played, should I have fired out on the river?

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, 2.25 Tournament, 40/80 Blinds (8 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com
MP2 (t1685)
CO (t105)
Button (t3385)
Hero (SB) (t1300)
BB (t1340)
UTG (t1180)
UTG+1 (t1435)
MP1 (t3070)
Hero's M: 10.83
Preflop: Hero is SB with A
heart.gif
, Q
diamond.gif

2 folds, MP1 bets t280, 3 folds, Hero calls t240, 1 fold
Flop: (t640) 7
spade.gif
, 3
heart.gif
, 9
spade.gif
(2 players)
Hero checks, MP1 checks
Turn: (t640) 2
club.gif
(2 players)
Hero checks, MP1 checks
River: (t640) 9
club.gif
(2 players)
Hero checks, MP1 checks
Total pot: t640

cjatud2012

cjatud2012

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't know if it's an obvious fold, but it's a much better option than calling imo. If we're going to play this, I'd suggest just going all-in, to negate our positional disadvantage.

This river is a tricky spot, because if we bet, he'll only call us if he beats us. I'm kinda tempted to say c/c a barrel here. However, you could c/f too, because if we call a bet and we're beat, we've sort of crippled our stack. Pretty much, we want to avoid spots like this, which is why this is push/fold pre-flop, not a call.

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
IMHO this is either shove or fold and with stats like that for the villain, yes I'd be folding AQo. Villain has raised every hand he's played AND he's raising 3.5xBB knowing that if the CO has any type of hand he'll be called there which then gives you in the SB and the BB some decent pot odds to see the flop too.

B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well AQo is flipping with villain's range here but OOP we have terrible implied odds -- we get stacked by QQ+ on Q-high boards and AK on A-high boards, his pocket pairs are not paying us off if we outflop him. so yeah, fold>shove>call...call would be standard on the button.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is a shove and i dont really think its close... hes def raising looser than 10% here,, somewhere around 20% would be about right.. so with that estimated range, AQ is crushing it, so i shove.. he folds a lot here too so we def have folding equity...

folding isnt too bad, at higher limits or if were against a reg who we know, then def fold.. but against a random.. i shove in this spot.

the single worst thing we can do with our stack is call. weather or not were in position doesnt matter.. we have no room to move postflop.. and our stack size is perfect to resteal..

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
oh and a river bluff is too late.. you could still have the best hand so we have showdown value.. my bet he has a small pair and he isnt folding on the river no matter what you do.

M

mrjohnson911

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this is either shove or fold imo, and really almost never a call.. the stats probably result from a small sample size... he'll open a lot with his stack to put pressure on you... i go for the push...
the way played its a check/fold... you dont wanna lose even more chips by trying a hero call here...

Folding in Poker