$2 NLHE STT Turbo: $2 Turbo: Is it worth it to try to bluff here? Villain showing weakness

J

jaded848

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$2 NL HE STT Turbo: $2 Turbo: Is it worth it to try to bluff here? Villain showing weakness

Villian Stats (VPIP/PFR/AF): 35/12/36

Villian Stats (VPIP/PFR/AF): 35/12/36

Just curious- would any of you consider bluffing here? Or do you let it go?

ps. I know many may not like the raise preflop, but the table was starting to turn tight and I wanted to take advantage of my position and show aggression.

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, 2.25 Tournament, 120/240 Blinds (3 handed) - Full-Tilt Hand Converter from HandHistoryConverter.com
SB (t3620)
BB (t5190)
Hero (Button) (t4690)
Hero's M: 13.03
Preflop: Hero is Button with 10
heart.gif
, Q
spade.gif

Hero bets t550, 1 fold, BB calls t310
Flop: (t1220) K
club.gif
, K
diamond.gif
, 8
heart.gif
(2 players)
BB checks, Hero checks
Turn: (t1220) J
spade.gif
(2 players)
BB bets t600, Hero calls t600
River: (t2420) 7
spade.gif
(2 players)
BB checks, Hero ????
Total pot: t2420

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Your line looks a lot like slowplayed big hand. Honestly, he is going to show up with a bunch of Jx hands but also a lot of bluffs which is why i like betting the river. Now seeing as Jx is calling any raise and bluffs fold to every raise we would preferably bluff small something like 900 will suffice imo.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yeah preflop your raise isnt great, but im fine with it, since we have a read that the table has tightened up, even so, you will get called a lot here, and have to play a pot postflop with shallow stacks.

on the flop why not just cbet and try to take it down? its a really good flop to cbet on hit or miss flop.. i really think its too late to try and bluff here,, remember, its a $2 sng, they will call you with any pair, 8's 7's jacks, he did check the river so it doesnt look like hes got much.. but i still think overall it would be a wasted bet at these levels.

J

jaded848

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Here comes the funny part- I bet 1000 and villain called me with ACE HIGH (A4o)! :eek:

I thought the way I played it looked like a slowplayed hand too. But I guess not...

J

jaded848

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yeah preflop your raise isnt great, but im fine with it, since we have a read that the table has tightened up, even so, you will get called a lot here, and have to play a pot postflop with shallow stacks.

on the flop why not just cbet and try to take it down? its a really good flop to cbet on hit or miss flop.. i really think its too late to try and bluff here,, remember, its a $2 sng, they will call you with any pair, 8's 7's jacks, he did check the river so it doesnt look like hes got much.. but i still think overall it would be a wasted bet at these levels.

Question here- I wasn't sure if it was a good flop to cbet or not, mainly because I figured he would call me since it's likely I didn't have a K (otherwise I would check). In other words, I didn't know what hand I would be representing (since it would look unlikely that the flop hit me). Do you mean a cbet would represent something like a pocket pair or maybe a hand like A 8?

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
at these stakes they genearlly want to see flops, if they miss, most of the time they are not going to be thinking about your cards, only theirs... when i came into this post again i was going to mention you get spazz calls like that, i see it a lot since ive been playing the 3.40's on stars.

your play has merit IF your up against a guy who you know to be a decent reg, or a somewhat thinking player.. even then its a marginal river bet.

the flop is so good for us as its a hit or miss flop.. he still might call with his ace high, then we have no choice but to give up on the pot, most of the time though a cbet will take it down..

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Question here- I wasn't sure if it was a good flop to cbet or not, mainly because I figured he would call me since it's likely I didn't have a K (otherwise I would check). In other words, I didn't know what hand I would be representing (since it would look unlikely that the flop hit me). Do you mean a cbet would represent something like a pocket pair or maybe a hand like A 8?

at these stakes you dont really need to think that far into it.. im more concerned with what he has, than what im trying to represent.. more often than not, if we overthink, it can hurt us against bad players. here, its very unlikely he hits this flop, so lets take our aggressive stance preflop to the flop and bet it.. i guarantee betting this type of flop will yield you a better EV than river bluffing. oh and at these stakes, were kinda protecting our hand too, queen high could very well be the best hand on this flop. another reason i check the river...

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
oh and sorry im spamming, but i overlooked one thing, why on earth did you call the turn here?

J

jaded848

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
oh and sorry im spamming, but i overlooked one thing, why on earth did you call the turn here?

ughh well you probably won't like my reasoning here because I guess it has a gamble element to it, but I figured I was getting 3:1 odds on a pot where I had 8 outs to win big if he had a K and if he didn't have the K, I figured I could represent it well enough to take the pot down. Call it a late float? Since I had position I reasoned that I would be able to tell by the river if he was weak or not. Also, I felt that his turn bet could mean anything...ace high was one of the hands I put him on.

Next time I will fire a flop cbet instead I guess. It will probably earn me a free river card anyway because he will check the turn after it regardless of if he has a hand or not.