$2 NLHE STT: Early STT, flop a set with 2 flush cards, and now??

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
$2 NL HE STT: Early STT, flop a set with 2 flush cards, and now??

So, first to my min raise. I was checking the previous hand, and clicking on FF to see what a couple of players had done, and as happens with FT, it was my turn and the STT window pops up as I click on (I thought) the FF button for HH, but I hit the min raise. So cursing no longer helped, I am in with the min raise.... I would have raised probably 150 here.

Anyway, here I am with this flop......... Value bet, or try to just take the pot???
what are you all doing here??
Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, 2.25 Tournament, 15/30 Blinds (9 handed) - Full-Tilt Hand Converter from HandHistoryConverter.com

CO (t1530)
Hero (Button) (t1455)
SB (t2415)
BB (t1500)
UTG (t1500)
UTG+1 (t1500)
MP1 (t600)
MP2 (t1500)
MP3 (t1500)

Hero's M: 32.33

Preflop: Hero is Button with
kh.gif
kc.gif

1 fold,
UTG+1 calls t30,
2 folds,
MP3 calls t30,
1 fold
Hero bets t60
1 fold,
BB calls t30,
UTG+1 calls t30,
MP3 calls t30

Flop: (t255)
6c.gif
ks.gif
4s.gif
(4 players)
BB checks,
UTG+1 checks,
MP3 checks,
Hero ?????

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With 3 other players in, I'm overbetting this to 300 and then shoving on a non-spade turn (except the 6 of course). It's likely (+75%) one opponent has a FD, ST8 draws are unlikely, the best hand an opponent could have here is 2s3s but you are still 67-33 ahead. IMHO I think a FD here may shove over an oversize bet and I'm OK with calling that.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Value bet in the 200 ballpark / pout when everybody folds IMO.

Particularly in a $2 game I'm never folding this, even if another spade comes.

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks guys. I actually bet 240, and everyone folded<(is my action here, highlight to see) I was confused with all the checks, as I figured at least 1 FD would be out there. But after my wimpy min raise PF, I didnt know if another wimpy weak bet (for value) might be best since the checks were probably literal. I could then also push the RR hard if it came.

Yea Oz, I know what you mean, but since these are the stakes I play, if another spade comes and I get pushed, I still think I need to fold, provided I havent yet committed myself to the pot. If I think im beat, and dont have the pot odds I need to call, its adios for me in this pot.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
*shrugs*

FWIW I say that as someone that's played about 500 $2 STTs. People are capable of limp-calling preflop and then calling a big bet on the flop with all sorts of stuff and even if they have hit a flush by some miracle you've still got 10 outs to a boat.

Folding top set when there's still a load of hands other than a flush that the typical $2 villain could legitimately be getting in with is a major leak IMO.

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
*shrugs*

FWIW I say that as someone that's played about 500 $2 STTs. People are capable of limp-calling preflop and then calling a big bet on the flop with all sorts of stuff and even if they have hit a flush by some miracle you've still got 10 outs to a boat.

Folding top set when there's still a load of hands other than a flush that the typical $2 villain could legitimately be getting in with is a major leak IMO.

Point taken. Not seeing major leaks is one of my major leaks.....

Full Flush Poker