Flop:
* * 8♣ J♠ K♣
* * UTG+1 bets [1,620]
* * 2 players fold.
* * MP2 calls [1,620]
* * 2 players fold.
* * Hero ???
Poker Hand Converter By Cardschat.com Poker Forum

UTG+1 has stats of 35/12 through 20 hands, MP2 is 22/9 through 40 hands. Also, this is a 1r+1a, and I have already had my one rebuy.

Last edited:
cjatud2012

cjatud2012

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
shove the flop?

I thought about this, but both players in front of my have a little less than half their stacks already committed to the pot... So IMO semi-bluff loses a lot of its value here. That leaves me to either call or fold.

A

Aaronftw

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If your saying when we shove people behind will call isn't that a good thing to be tieing in more money with our nut flush draw?

cjatud2012

cjatud2012

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Meh fold pre?

I usually do, and wish I had here lol. In general, I try to avoid situations like this, where the post-flop decisions become challenging, by playing with a disciplined pre-flop strategy. But in a multi-way pot, I figured this hand had some value (I could be wrong, though).

If your saying when we shove people behind will call isn't that a good thing to be tieing in more money with our nut flush draw?

If I had a made hand, then I'd be all for getting more chips into the pot. But since I'm on a draw, and don't have the best hand, I'm looking to win the pot immediately. If I do get called, though, I have outs to catch up. So when I'm trying a semi-bluff, I'm looking to have both ways to win, and the play loses value when you don't have both ways. Here, I definitely don't have the first one, and my chances of winning the second way are actually less than they appear to be, because an ace likely won't give me the best hand, and some of my outs could give someone a full house.

Anyway, I actually called here... I figured if I hit my hand on the turn, I'd win a pot of about 12,000 chips, and if I didn't hit it, I'd ditch the hand and still have 2,000 chips left to play (a little less than average stack, but we're still early in the tournament, so my M is big and there's there's no pressure). What are people's reaction to this play?

PS for those curious, the turn was a blank, and the two guys in front of me went all-in. The first guy (pre-flop raiser) showed KQ for TPGK, and the second guy has KK for a set of kings. River was also a blank.

dantheman91

dantheman91

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, you're getting pot odds of 2.6 to 1 on your money. Assuming that someone at least has two pair the A won't help you. So, your outs are at the most 10 outs, more likely 9 if someone's holding KJ. And, it's about 5 to 1 that you'll hit the other flush card on the turn. Plus, if you don't hit your flush card on the turn you'll surely be facing another major bet since the guy made an overbet of the pot and still had one caller. I probably would of folded. But, who knows if I actually would in that situation.

Full Flush Poker