$2 NLHE HU Tourney: Too aggresive?

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hmmm i guess HU is more like fishing ...

wait to get nuts and bust your opponent ? (VALUE PLAY)

Nope, that won't work either. Unless your opponent is completely stupid they'll catch on very fast if you're only betting when you have a hand and as a result you'll never get paid off unless they've caught a monster as well. Even the most basic $2 HU player can recognise a nit inside of a dozen hands and adjust to suit.

As a flipside to that though, I firmly believe that it is possible to be too aggressive and it's hands like this that prove it. Aggression is very important but you need to be selective with it - the turn in this hand wasn't a good spot.

You need to combine position, aggression and solid reads to be successful at HU. And be aware that even when you've got those things sorted, it's still an evil swingy bastard of a game. I'm up over a sample of close to 300 games at the $2 level, and in that I've had streaks of up to nine wins running. I've had up to seven losses running too and patches where there's a lot more losses than wins. Point is, you're not necessarily "missing" anything just because you have 10 wins or 10 losses in a row - that's just the nature of the game. It's how you're running overall after you've played a reasonable number of games that's important.

RI_ER_SA

RI_ER_SA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You'll never get paid off unless they've caught a monster as well.

to protect myself i try to play aggresive and aggresive style.

but i have problems adapting my opponents in this kind of play where they can trap me easliy by calling me down.

Stu_Ungar

Stu_Ungar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I guess the patience is important.

The thing is with the loose aggresive people it is really hard to quess when they have a hand.they are continually putting the pressure on you at headsup.

what should i do ? when should i take a stand ?

AND that is the very reason people are telling you to fold PF. You simply dont have the experience to play these cards.

C

chipshuffler

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just stick to playing decent cards. Obviously bluff some hands but maybe try just firing one or two shells rather than commiting your whole stack. If u stick with playing the better hands in these HU tournies where the blinds are generally small...u should do well. Good luck at the tables!

RI_ER_SA

RI_ER_SA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just stick to playing decent cards.

when blinds are small .at the flop i should have a least 2 per with the tops to go allin ..Other wise it is not wise to commit to the pot i guess.