J

jaded848

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$2 NL HE: Was this a good call?

Villian Stats (VPIP/PFR/AF): 41/3/1.4

Ok technically it was a raise because I raised all-in with my 15 extra chips but i figured it was the same as a call. Was it a good play or would the veterans on these boards have played it differently? I realized on the river that any jack would make the straight and it took me a few seconds before I could make the play.

Stacks:

* MP1 with 2000
* MP2 with 946
* CO with 2093
* BTN with 1455
* SB with 2069
* BB with 1002
* UTG with 2590
* UTG+1 with 1345

hand.pl

hand.pl

Blinds:
Site: full tilt poker
* * Dealt to BTN:9♦ 8♦
* * Sklansky group 4
Preflop:
* * UTG calls [40]
* * 3 players fold.
* * CO calls [40]
* * Hero calls [40]
* * SB calls [20]
* * BB checks
* * Total folds this street: 3
* * Potsize: 200
Flop:
* * 8♣ 10♦ 4♣
* * SB checks
* * BB checks
* * UTG bets [120]
* * 1 players fold.
* * Hero calls [120]
* * 2 players folded.
* * Total folds this street: 3
* * Potsize: 440
Turn:
* * 9♠
* * UTG bets [240]
* * 2 players fold.
* * Hero raises to 480
* * UTG calls [240]
* * Potsize: 1400
River:
* * Q♣
* * UTG bets [800]
* * Hero raises to 815, and is all in
* * UTG calls [15]
Results:

The results have been hidden.

Poker Hand Converter By Cardschat.com Poker Forum

A

Aaronftw

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Terrible, filled straight and flush on the river.. Noway I'm putting my money in on this hand

W

WurlyQ

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fold the flop. Continuing with middle pair on a wet board not closing the action is a recipe for disaster.

As played, raise the turn to 900~920. Two pair is not the nuts on this draw heavy board. This gives your opponent the option of having to call 660~680 to win ~1950 (note this isn't the pot size but the size of the pot + your remaining chips because you're calling the river no matter how ugly the river). This gives them roughly 5:2 odds which is less than what most draws have in equity. I wouldn't mind just jamming here also.

As played I fold the river readless.

Also, is this an MTT or a STT? The prize structure does make a difference.

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop I don't mind the BTN call with middle suited connectors *IF* you have a good read that the blinds will only limp along. On the turn I'm dumping this hand as it's probable that your behind with this many players and you have to catch perfect to win.

As played shove the turn.

dufferdevon

dufferdevon

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As other have said, flop call ok. Suited connectors are good in a multi way limped pot. Flop call, atrocious, too many draws and an over card, with more players to act behind you, fold this hand on the flop.
After you catch two pair on the turn, there is still too many draws out there, either jam it or try to check it down to the river.
There is no way I am calling this river bet.

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i agree with dufferdevon about jamming it on the turn or checking it down to the river.

after the Q of clubs fills the straight and flush draws...why would you pay the person off

J

jaded848

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thanks for the replies guys, I'm really trying to improve how I think about the hands. I will chalk this one up in the "Fold on the flop" category.

By the way, villain had A 10 (strange but that's what you get in a $2 sng I guess), but I admit it was still a bad play regardless.

ImolAyrton

ImolAyrton

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not a good call, you cant beat a lot here anymore, too many draws too

I

ichim3

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This was one of the worst calls that I have ever seen. I would never call this hand.

JustRaiseTheBlinds

JustRaiseTheBlinds

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Terrible.
Fold/bet pre-flop.
Fold flop.
Raise turn bigger.
Fold/(call) river.

kidkvno1

kidkvno1

Sarah's Pet
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It was a SNG.
I would of dumped the hand preflop, if i did play it and seen the flush draw, i would of folded it.

StormRaven

StormRaven

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As other have said, flop call ok. Suited connectors are good in a multi way limped pot. Flop call, atrocious, too many draws and an over card, with more players to act behind you, fold this hand on the flop.
After you catch two pair on the turn, there is still too many draws out there, either jam it or try to check it down to the river.
There is no way I am calling this river bet.
:dito:

cardplayer52

cardplayer52

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
why why why would you reraise the extra 15 chips??? i know its only 15 chips but i'd rather have those than none. and the extra 15 isnt really gonna help out too much if you win. i make my play on the flop or turn here and fold the river easy. but no way would i reraise.