$2.50 NLHE MTT Turbo: Push or min raise AA 4-handed FT?

X

xCEZRx

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So I was playing this $2.50 180 man turbo final table and get dealt AA on the BTN and because everyone was short I decided to shove but I am wondering if it would be better to min raise to induce a defending shove form one of the blinds.

poker stars $2.28+$0.22 No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t3000/t6000 Blinds + t600 - 4 players

BB: t53328 M = 4.68
CO: t107198 M = 9.40
Hero (BTN): t53788 M = 4.72
SB: t55686 M = 4.88

Pre Flop: (t11400) Hero is BTN with A
diamond.gif
A
club.gif

1 fold, Hero raises to t53188 all in, 2 folds

Final Pot: t17400
Hero mucks A
diamond.gif
A
club.gif

Hero wins t17400

horizon12

horizon12

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With your size stack only shove, no need min raise because some players may think you're doing min raise for value and fold many hands, also some players only can call your min raise with wide range because they have good pot odds for this and you can lose in postflop game.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
depends on opponant playing types to what the optimal decision. You can't just say shoving is best with this stack size no matter what, that makes no sense if you have a SB who is just a spewtard.

In general i would induce with this almost always, because there is no downside to doing so, and it's so rare that two players will get involved. It doesnt matter if players call here preflop because our hand plays that well postflop it's irrelevant.

But with reads i would change that.

Vs two very good players in the blinds i would just shove this, as they would likely read my initial small raise as strength.

vs one or two very bad players, i would never shove this, usually opting to min-raise.

Vs one good and one bad player, i would again opt to min-raise it, as the bad player is much more likely to get it in vs me than the good player is to call my jam, or to rejam over.

Vs other players limping the button might be a really good idea, if they are raising everything in a limped pot.

so yeah it just depends, common sense will usually dictate the highest money making move, but don't get caught in the trap of thinking you must play this hand in such a way because our stack size says we should...

J

Jho789

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Try next time play more slow with AA you get it once at a lot time and you must make all to win a lot with this hand just think about this.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands