2.25 Sit N Go

Rossta

Rossta

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This was my make or break hand in my opinion. It gave me a lot of trouble for sure and If at this point in the tourney I had seen some of the hands he would have played later I would have been more inclined to call - He was very loose and aggresive and got lucky on a couple of different occasions.

Stacks:
- Baughdog with 50 - pedro_infante with 1380 - BergerTime23 with 4610 - wtp0410 with 1200 - amosc with 685 - SnakeEyes50 with 1525 - Pokerluc79 with 4050

Blinds: 50/100
Site: Full Tilt Poker
- Dealt to SnakeEyes50:
:2s4:
:2c4:

Preflop:
- baughdog calls [50] [ all-in ]
- 3 players fold.
amosc calls [100]
- snakeeyes50 calls [50]
- Pokerluc79 checks
- Total folds this street: 3
- Potsize: 350
Flop:
:2h4:
:5c4: :jh4:
- SnakeEyes50 checks
- pokerluc79 bets [100]
- 1 players fold.
- snakeeyes50 calls [100]
- Total folds this street: 1
- Potsize: 550
Turn:
:9h4:

- snakeeyes50 bets [200]
- pokerluc79 raises to 400
- snakeeyes50 calls [200]
- Potsize: 1350
River:
:7d4:

- SnakeEyes50 checks
- pokerluc79 bets [500]
- 1 players fold.
- Uncalled bet of 500 returned to Pokerluc79
- Pokerluc79 wins the side pot (1,150)
Results:
- Pokerluc79 shows :
:5h4:
:ac4:
- Pokerluc79 wins the main pot (200) with a pair of Fives

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What the......., explain to me why you folded there?

Steveg1976

Steveg1976

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This was my make or break hand in my opinion. It gave me a lot of trouble for sure and If at this point in the tourney I had seen some of the hands he would have played later I would have been more inclined to call - He was very loose and aggresive and got lucky on a couple of different occasions.

Stacks: - Baughdog with 50 - pedro_infante with 1380 - BergerTime23 with 4610 - wtp0410 with 1200 - amosc with 685 - SnakeEyes50 with 1525 - Pokerluc79 with 4050

Blinds: 50/100
Site: Full Tilt Poker
- Dealt to SnakeEyes50:
:2s4: :2c4:

Preflop:
- baughdog calls [50] [ all-in ]
- 3 players fold.
amosc calls [100]
- snakeeyes50 calls [50]
- Pokerluc79 checks
- Total folds this street: 3
- Potsize: 350
Flop:
:2h4: :5c4: :jh4:
- SnakeEyes50 checks
- pokerluc79 bets [100]
- 1 players fold.
- snakeeyes50 calls [100]
- Potsize: 550
Turn:
:9h4:
- snakeeyes50 bets [200]
- pokerluc79 raises to 400
- snakeeyes50 calls [200]
- Potsize: 1350
River:
:7d4:
- SnakeEyes50 checks
- pokerluc79 bets [500]
- 1 players fold.
- Uncalled bet of 500 returned to Pokerluc79
- Pokerluc79 wins the side pot (1,150)
Results:
- Pokerluc79 shows :
:5h4: :ac4:
- Pokerluc79 wins the main pot (200) with a pair of Fives

Calling preflop is fine

After the flop you check called, why? A set is huge here and if he is on a draw here you need to make him dearly pay for it.

Turn - you bet, he raised, why didn't you raise again all in? What does he have that you are afraid of. JJ's raises preflop, your hand beats any two pair that he might have.

River - he bets again and you fold; again what hand does he have that has you beaten from the way he played. Even if he has a higher set I would be doing everything to try to get all the chips in the middle on this hand if he has it so be it.

FWIW - his bets to me look like weak steal attempts to try to push you off a stronger hand, and they worked.

This is a good hand to learn from.

Steveg1976

Steveg1976

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am not a great player so take my comments with a grain of salt, I am learning too.

Rossta

Rossta

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Trust me I love to hear how I could've played these hands better, knowing helps me a lot.

G

GivPeace

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Calling with 2's in SB is fine especially this early in the tournament, where it all went wrong was your play on the flop. You really should have lead out in bet in my opinion, Check raising is fine but your yelling I have a big hand and I am afraid of that flush draw but still way better then check calling. A check call is always a very risky play the only way I see you actually doing this is if he bet out 400 ( a lil more then what was in the pot ) calling that will allow you to setup a play on 4th, this play would work well if he was on a draw and missed you could set him up to fire another shot and you push and crush his hope.

Now what happened on the turn was also not setup correctly, you are just making it to easy for you to get beat. I agree with Steve you should have pushed after villain raised you, even if he did have the flush you still have 9 outs to improve your hand. If you were not prepared to push or raise I would have folded as calling only allows you to make another hard decision on the river always make your opponents make the hard decisions not you. Good luck raking in the money

Last edited:
t1riel

t1riel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Calling preflop is fine

After the flop you check called, why? A set is huge here and if he is on a draw here you need to make him dearly pay for it.

Turn - you bet, he raised, why didn't you raise again all in? What does he have that you are afraid of. JJ's raises preflop, your hand beats any two pair that he might have.

River - he bets again and you fold; again what hand does he have that has you beaten from the way he played. Even if he has a higher set I would be doing everything to try to get all the chips in the middle on this hand if he has it so be it.

FWIW - his bets to me look like weak steal attempts to try to push you off a stronger hand, and they worked.

This is a good hand to learn from.

^^This

When you hit a set on the flop, I wouldn't check it unless there are no flush or stright draws. In this case, there was a flush draw. A bet of 200 or morewould have been agood move. On the turn, I can't see why you didn't reraise all in here other than fearing the flush. On the river, why ddin't you at least call? You are getting great pot odds and there's a great chance you'll win the pot.

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you were close to getting nearly your whole stack in with a set. Your big mistake was folding river, you palyed rest of the hand find on the basis you had the chance to double up on the end but missed your opportunity