$2.20 NLHE: difficult action

mattzan

mattzan

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$2.20 NL HE: difficult action

Well. i got no good readings... the villain is limper and calls alot of blinds. I'm playing tight... What should I do?

Stacks:
BB with 1380
UTG with 2990
UTG+1 with 1210
MP1 with 1200
MP2 with 1360
CO with 1445
BTN with 2145
SB with 1770

Blinds: 15/30
Site: pokerstars
Dealt to CO:2♦ 2♣
Sklansky group 7
Preflop:
2 players fold.
MP1 calls [30]
1 players fold.
Hero calls [30]
BTN raises 90 to 120
2 players fold.
MP1 calls [90]
Hero calls [90]
Total folds this street: 5
Potsize: 405
Flop:
A♥ 10♥ 2♥
MP1 bets [510]
Hero????

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is tough. The more I think about it the more this looks like KhQh, KhJh, QhJh ST8FD trying to buy the pot or induce a shove that he'd call as he is pot committed now. But there is also a decent chance that MP1 limp/called with AT, A2 & TT and wants to buy the pot right now due to the monotone board. You would be a 67-33 dog to the ST8FDs. Plus you have the BTN still to worry about. On the other hand in this buy-in level this can also very often be a bluff that would fold to an AI. So I'd probably mentally flip a coin to see whether I shove or fold.

SavagePenguin

SavagePenguin

Put the win in penguin
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If MP1 had raised pre-flop I probably shove.

Since he's in the habit of limping (IE, he likes to draw), and made an "I want to get it all in" bet, I probably just fold here.

At $2.20 games I think he bluffs a good percentage of the time here, but oh well. At $5.50 the fold is easier.

D

delfam

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is a fold pre-flop, you called hoping to get in cheap, then there is a raise and a call in front of you. Your obviously beat pre-flop and probably only have 2 outs. No way you play this hand.

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is a fold pre-flop, you called hoping to get in cheap, then there is a raise and a call in front of you. Your obviously beat pre-flop and probably only have 2 outs. No way you play this hand.

+1..

not really worth the call just let em go....dont agree with the guy that said shove here cuz its a dangerous board....i certainly wouldn be shoving here i dont think

ljove

ljove

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is fold and it was fold preflop.

kesza

kesza

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I push allin without any thinking. Too much raise - especially UTG - for a made flush. But if he had the flush, you have still chance to upgrade to a full house. (or maybe he had a bigger set - that would really unlucky)

beechleaf

beechleaf

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
its a shove or fold moment for 2 bucks im think shove and hoped its no H and no str8 cards on turn and river

JustRaiseTheBlinds

JustRaiseTheBlinds

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I ship allin here...

bet 500 into 400 doesn't make any sence at all, you don't do that when you already made the flush...

I think you have the best hand at this stage and go allin...

Maybe he folds, or has a FD and a big change to win the pot...

shinedown.45

shinedown.45

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
all those who think that shoving is the way to go are wrong.
22 is not really a hand you want to see a flop with 3 handed and should be considered a folding hand preflop unless your let in cheap, which in this case, you were not.

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would definitely fold this preflop, but given the action I have to agree with Jilly about it being a mental coin flip to call or not. Honestly this is one of the plays that if you were tired or on any tilt, you would snap call, lol.

The overbet can mean 2 pair, baby flush, or Kh. I think at this level you will see any of those 3, and it really could be any 3 given the action in this hand.

trashcan

trashcan

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would raise, reraise and get it in. You beat pretty much everything expect a flush and AA and in 2 tournament I would expect we beat his range enough to make it profitable all in. Even if he has a flush, you have outs

Sysvr4

Sysvr4

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Some of you guys are nuts. Preflop you're closing the action in a multi-way pot with a small pair getting 3.5-1 with immense implied odds. If you're folding there, you're way too conservative.

On the flop, simply consider if you're MP1 and you have KQh. Given the preflop action, are you really going to lead here? I'm sure not. I'm check/calling the flop and praying for all I'm worth that I get overcalls. MP1 has an ace he's trying to protect here way more often than not.

I'm raising here in all but the rarest of circumstances.

FatBasset

FatBasset

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would really like to know if the guy has played a hand to showdown and what he had. But since you don't say anything about what the villain has shown down, I'll assume he limp-calls and folds before or on the river. That type of play makes me assume he likes suited cards and connecting cards. I would put him on a baby flush trying to keep a big heart out of the hand. Also, without knowing anything about his betting patterns, it's hard to say whether the overbet represents weakness or whether he bets his strong hands this way to induce a hand like yours to shove. Further, you have to worry about the Button. All things considered, I'm folding bottom set in this situation.

TheKAAHK

TheKAAHK

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
all those who think that shoving is the way to go are wrong.
22 is not really a hand you want to see a flop with 3 handed and should be considered a folding hand preflop unless your let in cheap, which in this case, you were not.

Yeah, but he's already in, he has a set, the flop is hearts and it was overbet. The only way out of the hole he dig himelf into is to dig up. Shove and pray at this point, you're probably ahead (if only by a slight margin)

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Some of you guys are nuts. Preflop you're closing the action in a multi-way pot with a small pair getting 3.5-1 with immense implied odds. If you're folding there, you're way too conservative.

On the flop, simply consider if you're MP1 and you have KQh. Given the preflop action, are you really going to lead here? I'm sure not. I'm check/calling the flop and praying for all I'm worth that I get overcalls. MP1 has an ace he's trying to protect here way more often than not.

I'm raising here in all but the rarest of circumstances.

^^^

Of all the considered OPINIONS here, I'm going this route.

Yeah there is the flush draw, and possibly even a STR8 FD, but the odds of filling the flush are almost the same as pairing the board.

At this point unless villain has TT or AA, or 2 hearts the set of 2's is way ahead. The size of the overbet suggests if he has 2 hearts they are weak. Surly if he had the Kxh he'd be slow playing. For all the world here I'd put villain on Ax with a heart, or maybe AT.
I'd be CALLING here and not shoving nor folding. I want to make sure all the available money is in the pot.

I like the PF call as a set mining technique. We have no reads here, and from our observer POV, we can only guess that villain is more active than not. With a set here I fall on the old adage that we either go broke or double up with a flopped set.

M

mrjohnson911

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think preflop both folding and calling is ok...
at this point at the given buy-in I risk going broke here..
raise allin if you re behind you have couple of outs (and I think you re ahead)... you also want to be shovin cause you dont want to give the button a good price to call if he for instance has AQh or something...

if BTN has set of AA thats just back luck.. but his raising/isolating range against two limpers preflop from the BTN is pretty wide...

S

sheepy10

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
definite value calling PF, less than 10 per cent of your stack,np with that,

now youve hit your set, its a definite push all in,