$2.20 NLHE Deep Stacked: AQ in EP should i raise?

A

alvinpe

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$2.20 NL HE Deep Stacked: AQ in EP should i raise?

My position is on UTG first to act is it UTG+1? Not sure about the acronyms.

But anyway I raised my AQ 3xBB then someone on the MP reraise me. Should I fold this?

What I do is call the raise then Flop came nothing for me. I check he raises again. I fold. Is it the right move? Any advice would help. Thanks. :)

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
W/O reads, yes it would be OK to fold to the 3-bet from MP and it was correct to fold on the flop that you missed.

Stack sizes, positions and blind levels help a lot in hand analysis.

A

alvinpe

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As far as I remember I have like over 9,000 chips at UTG+1 and my opponent have 8,000 chips at MP. The blinds were 200/400.

L

lov_my_wife

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
with that information i would definantly say fold this. probalbly had a decent size pp and at the best odds u were coin flipping. good lay down imo

M

mmmcher

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Generally speaking a raise UTG to 3 big blinds with Ace Queen is pretty standard. Limp occasionally for variation.

A

alvinpe

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes sir, I feel good about folding it. I feel something is strange during that deal because of his aggressive was unusual. I think he has KK or AA that time.

Guys, I need help in this situation. For e.g I raise 3bb AQ in UTG flop came but I i didnt hit. Should I fire another bullet? Or just check?

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
FWIW I have been folding AQo in UTG & UTG+1 almost 90% of the time these days. If the table has been really tight I will play it for a raise. Whether you c-bet or not depends on the players behind you and the flop texture.

A

alvinpe

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Jilly,

What do you mean depends on the players behind and flop texture?

rob5775

rob5775

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Jilly,

What do you mean depends on the players behind and flop texture?

I'm assuming he means who's left to act when saying "players behind". Depending on if they're nits, uber-lags or just dam good players you want to avoid will help determine what you do with the hand.

Flop texture refers to the flop and how it looks (draws, all low, all high) and if it may have hit your opponent.

And with that all said, I raise AQ utg in this situation 80% and limp 20% for variety. I may fold to a 3-bet depending on my stats of the re-raiser.