$2.20 NL HE MTT: Doubt Turn mtt $2.20 (PS)

almir nicolau

almir nicolau

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Game
Hold'em
Game Format
No Limit
Table Format
MTT
Buy-in
VP$IP
PFR
Game Options
  1. Deep Stacked
AF
Currency
$
1-Doubt is if with a frequency someone would 3bet this hand vs rease EP and cold call or if it would just be called.
2-Turn double 6 Would you continue betting or check to realize equity?
3-They would call the ck shove or just fold.

thanks in advance for helping me.

glglgl all!!

Follow the hand link in replay below.

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Pre: Depending on the villains in the blinds and what their tendencies are I think overcalling works here. If we think villains will fold we can think about 3 betting here but since this is an UTG open I lean towards calling instead. Really depends on how loose UTG is with their opening range but I dont think it would be bad to just call a min raise with suited broadways being on the button as you did.

Flop: flop the flush draw and everyone checks to us so to me this comes down to how much fold equity do we think we have. We are going against a lot of opponents here so the odds we take it down now are minimal but there is value to betting and at least getting it down to 1 villain. It would be villain dependent here to me whether I think I can get folds or not but I think I probably check back in game (not saying that is right or wrong). This is a spot where I think we can do either but the problem to me here is I like betting with a draw when there is fold equity and I dont think we have that much fold equity in the sense of getting all to fold. We will get folds from some but much more likely not from all.

Turn: Interesting card since we got it down to one player but it pairs the board and brings a double flush draw out. In these spots I feel we must be very cognitive of what our bet looks like to villain and also what a check would look like to villain. On double suited boards we should not be timid with top pair so if we did have Kx would we ever check here or bet small as you did? Its not likely unless we have Kx of spades and that is minimal amounts of the time. So when we check here or bet small as you did better villains will be thinking "they dont have Kx and they dont have 6x so I can go for it here as what will they call with?" Add on to that some flush draws would check back here so I think your bet sizing here is the last option I would take. It kind of tells the villain I dont have Kx, I dont have 6x, and even some of the time I dont have a flush draw. Your sizing imo makes you look like you stabbed at flop and then just decided I have to double barrel turn so Ill throw a 1/3rd out on a wet board. I think better options here are to bet more like 1300-1400 to get some folds or just check back. We know villain probably does not have Kx due checking flop against many opponents on a flush draw board but they could have 6x even if it is unlikely. With your sizing though, they could have air because of what I just wrote about what your sizing looks like. Once they jam you cant call with Q high and have to just fold.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
Folding would be to tight, and I prefer calling over 3-betting. The reason is, that because of the guy in between UTG is incentivized to play a 4-bet or fold strategy, and with your stack size he can easily 4-bet jam. A hand like QJs is a nice 3-betting hand, but only when you are likely to get to realise your equity, when you get action.

Flop
You can go either way here and bet or take a free card.

Turn
I would definitely check here. Its a bad card for your hand and range, and its a disaster, if the opponent check-jam on you. Which is exactly, when ended up happening.

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
1. Call 90%
2. Check 95%
3. Fold 100%

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
1-Doubt is if with a frequency someone would 3bet this hand vs rease EP and cold call or if it would just be called.
2-Turn double 6 Would you continue betting or check to realize equity?
3-They would call the ck shove or just fold.

thanks in advance for helping me.

glglgl all!!

Follow the hand link in replay below.

If you sign up to GTO Wizard for free you can input preflop spots for free as many as you like in a day- you can do only one postflop spot and it can only be head-up hands- it is a really good idea to get GWIZ for free

only 8 handed is free so in this spot I moved the raiser form UTG to UTG1 and GWIZ has multiway ranges preflop so I had the CO flat and GWIZ has QJ suited as a shove at 35bb in this scenario 91.5% frequency

#2 We want to be thinking about what calls us when we bet half pot to decide if we continue to bet on turn- Why would strong hands not XR or bet themselves on flop? That means our V can have 6x hands in this spot and slow played KK sometimes and pairs that they will call turn with TT 99 etc as well as flush draws.

Any bet on the flop is a very strong bet vs 4 players that is why it is common to only bet 1/3 pot with most of our medium strength hand range multiway- which our hand is.
Further we are going to get called by the AX flush draw on flop often so the larger we make the pot on the flop the bigger our turn bluff bet has to be to get the V to fold that draw so we are risking more of our stack.
We never have KK seldom K6 here so our V know we cannot have all the boats so if they do have the flush draw they feel it is still live on the turn

#3 We want to preplan our hands always so before we bet we already want to know will we call a XR--- If no call and we have thought of the above info then we can check to realize our equity or steal the pot on the river as it would be fine to check back KX when the 6 pairs at some frequency

:unsure::geek:

F

feisas7991

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
check back on the flop, we dont want to get xr here, though you could test the fields and see if they never do it so it might be ok.
your hand isnt happy to barrel multiple streets., therefor you can elect better hands.

as played check back on the turn

Hope this helps and Good Luck!