B

BYucko

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$2.2 NL HE: Rivered a high flush, no prior postflop betting

Hi guys,

I was in a tourney playing standard TAG and doing fairly well for myself. I got myself into a sticky situation though. It also seems that everyone else on the table was playing standard poker, no weird moves at all by anybody...bet with a hand, fold without.

I don't really know what to do with a small pot in this situation making a very strong hand on the river. Two key questions that are absolutely burning in my mind are: What would you guys bet? What if you bet big and get re-raised all-in?

Cheers

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, 2.2 Tournament, 25/50 Blinds (6 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop

BB (t2020)
Hero (UTG) (t3821)
MP (t3174)
CO (t4560)
Button (t2145)
SB (t2320)

Hero's M: 50.95

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q
diamond.gif
, K
spade.gif

Hero calls t50, 2 folds, Button calls t50, 1 fold, BB checks

Flop: (t175) 10
diamond.gif
, 5
diamond.gif
, 10
heart.gif
(3 players)
BB checks, Hero checks, Button checks

Turn: (t175) 3
diamond.gif
(3 players)
BB checks, Hero checks, Button checks

River: (t175) 8
diamond.gif
(3 players)
BB checks, Hero bets t500, Button raises to t1675
HERO ??????????????????????????????????????????????

brank

brank

Back in!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If everyone is playin fit or fold poker I would have raised or folded this preflop cause limping it is weak. Then c-bet this flop. If they call/raise then you know they have something right? Make decisions easy for yourself. You wouldnt be in this situation if played it this way.

As played I would bet around 100 for value. Then if you get raised its not for half your stack.

If everyone is betting when they have it you can assume they dont have a 10 and prolly have the Ad or Kd.

Last edited:
cjatud2012

cjatud2012

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hate limping UTG here, at this point in the STT we have to be raising or folding. As played, checking the flop and turn is fine, I might try to fire the turn but conserving your chips is a good play too.

Your river bet is completely confusing to me. What are we hoping to get called by? Nothing that you beat will call that bet. Plus now, you've put yourself into an impossible spot. If we only bet 100, we can actually get value from worse hands, call a smaller raise from the villain, and fold to a shove.

As played, while it doesn't make much sense for him to have a flush, as he probably would have led the river, but given your reads, it makes even less sense for him to have air... Just fold, kick yourself for getting into such a bad spot, and save your chips for next time.

tomh7795

tomh7795

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would raise preflop. I would also bet 100 - 150 on river and if he 3bets then you can fold. I think he either has a small pair for full house or ace high flush. Think you should fold river. a well miss played hand

tomh7795

tomh7795

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would raise preflop. I would also bet 100 - 150 on river and if he 3bets then you can fold. I think he either has a small pair for full house or ace high flush. Think you should fold river. a well miss played hand

If you played it like this I would like to see bet on the turn after flop check

FTP_TheNuts

FTP_TheNuts

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Raise Pre, C-bet flop, you are most likely not even getting to this river. Mehhhhh, as played i guess i get it in knowing i have some back. Not happy about it though, your river bet can be wrongly interpreted as a bluff easily by villain

MrHopeful

MrHopeful

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
dont like the limp UTG with a hand that likely get you in trouble..

skipping to the river you got show down value with a paired board and 2nd nut flush

I check and likely make crying call as his river bet then have to be smaller

terrible situation you got yourself into

at least a semibluff bet on turn to help define your hand would help

do you call?

depends on player and his stats / betting patterns

Full Flush Poker Related Betting Guides: CA Betting - AU Betting - UK Betting - SportsBetting Poker - BetStars