$2.2 NLHE MTT Bounty: What do you think about value bet with 7-high? XDD

Matt Vaughan

Matt Vaughan

King of Moody Rants
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Calling pre is fine. Leading flop is fine.

I don't get why you are check raising turn. First off, your opponent pots it. So in general we don't need to have a lot of check raises against this size, but also you make it such a tiny amount that he basically never folds. So why would you do that with 7 high? If you're not check raising expecting to get some folds, then why not just check call?

In reality you aren't getting the right price to check call either, but check raising so small that he never folds seems far worse to me.

Yeah, it's great that you somehow on at showdown, but that's never "supposed" to happen. You got really lucky that the guy most likely played 65hh or some similar hand horrendously. Basically the entire rest of his range has you smoked.

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You keep playing the statistics in the long run this hand and similar will leave you broker than a bad broker that is broke. You are losing 90%+ of the time and winning like 2% to 3% which happens.

R

RocwX

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The only possible reason for reraising the turn would be to shove the river. The way you played you were basically begging for a check behind from someone with slightly better showdown value than you. Really lucky that the other guy was probably drawing to a flush with either 56 of hearts or 45 of hearts.

So, in conclusion, that reraise on the turn was really crazy and you should not do that ever again.

SuzdalDEcor

SuzdalDEcor

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Calling pre is fine. Leading flop is fine.

I don't get why you are check raising turn. First off, your opponent pots it. So in general we don't need to have a lot of check raises against this size, but also you make it such a tiny amount that he basically never folds. So why would you do that with 7 high? If you're not check raising expecting to get some folds, then why not just check call?

In reality you aren't getting the right price to check call either, but check raising so small that he never folds seems far worse to me.

Yeah, it's great that you somehow on at showdown, but that's never "supposed" to happen. You got really lucky that the guy most likely played 65hh or some similar hand horrendously. Basically the entire rest of his range has you smoked.

You correctly noticed that the size was inadequate. This is a polar range, so there is no point in doing higher size.
7high is not good, because I want to get some EV from his nut range on the river.
Call is also not good, because you never realize the pot odds.
Yes, it was funny on the showdown))) You are absolutely right that the opponent turned out to be a fish, because I just gave up on the river XDD

SuzdalDEcor

SuzdalDEcor

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So, in conclusion, that reraise on the turn was really crazy and you should not do that ever again.
You would not believe, but this raise on the distance will be the most positive action of all (call/fold). If the opponent played a standard size - I would just give up

SuzdalDEcor

SuzdalDEcor

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You keep playing the statistics in the long run this hand and similar will leave you broker than a bad broker that is broke. You are losing 90%+ of the time and winning like 2% to 3% which happens.

You missed the most important thing - in this spot, I have a fold-equity in check-raise. + I almost always get paid with my nuts

L

levidoff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
why didn't the river bluff?
bluff on the river beats out all hands except nuts.
bad game

SuzdalDEcor

SuzdalDEcor

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
why didn't the river bluff?
bluff on the river beats out all hands except nuts.
bad game

Apparently you are too far from understanding how to play poker, once you write this XDD. I advise you to buy flopzilla

ChickenArise

ChickenArise

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its not a value bet with 7 high its a bluff. There is little to no value 99 percent of the time with 7 high. It seems your just looking for people to tell you how great your play was when fact is you just got lucky. If you are really trying to improve your game you would consider opinions counter to yours.

SuzdalDEcor

SuzdalDEcor

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its not a value bet with 7 high its a bluff. There is little to no value 99 percent of the time with 7 high. It seems your just looking for people to tell you how great your play was when fact is you just got lucky. If you are really trying to improve your game you would consider opinions counter to yours.

Ahahahaha)))) My post was a joke with sarcasm. Why are you all reacting so seriously? Its not a value bet ofc. And it is no value 99,9999% of the time xDDDDD.